CLE Boat Show - New 320 and met Kim

Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
Went to the Cleveland Boat Show last night. One of those shows that has been shrinking every year for over a decade. Boy was it refreshing how much larger it was this year, noticeably larger. Saw brand new Rinkers there for the first time in Cleveland since I can remember and it was a great surprise to meet Kim Slocum aboard the new 320! He took me through how the new joystick and electric helm & throttle deal works which really is awesome. To be able to push a button and the boat will stay in place while you get your dock lines ready or wait for a drawbridge. I cant imagine it. New 320 was a really nice boat, a lot for the money, great open cockpit layout. Saw drawings for the new 370 with outboards and it looks like it will be pretty cool. Cant wait for summer! 
07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

Comments

• IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    No photos?

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha, sorry never even thought to snap one

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Ha, sorry never even thought to snap one

ah man, what a tease!  Glad you enjoyed it though!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck, I might look at a 370 with outboards..... like maybe 3 or 4  300HP Mercs or a couple of Seven Marine bad boys. I'd have Rinker put a second head where the 502s used to go in the engine bay...... or maybe a hot tub flush mounted to the rear cockpit floor with a hidden cover!!!!!!! LOL

@Liberty44140....agree about the new style 310/320. Some guys say they like the "old style" 310 but not me. The new style 310 ( I had a 2013) has an amazing pull-out flexsteel couch in the cabin and huge sunlight in the cockpit overhead deck. But where, imo, the new design smokes the old design is in the cockpit. That design won multiple awards. The swivel helm seat, fold down transom back seat, pull out slider seats and filler cushions were amazing. My Admiral liked it better that the cockpit design of our 2014 EC 360.

As for Merc's Axius guidance/place holding GPS system. Best in the world imo.....and pretty soon I don't think buyers will accept new boats (or bigger used modles - think twins) without that system. The days of being confined to the dock due to wind etc or worrying about docking are GONE with the Axius system. Unless someone has actually tried it they can't (imo) discuss it rationally!
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can have Axius with outboards MT
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is true Steve...and with Merc's "new" (2016?) light weight diesels.
  • goalie59goalie59 Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    Was at the TO boat show last weekend and loved the Rinkers. The 370 was beautiful. Just not to sure where some of the manufactures are heading though. Was on a 35 foot Regal that had two very small refrigerators and a cooler to port. Not sure how that would work. It did have four televisions . Not sure about the rest of you but I hardly watch the one tv that's on my 320. Most of the cruisers had very small inadequate refrigerators. On a long trip we enjoy the size of the cabin fridge on our 320. Just saying. 
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have yet to see an outboard cruiser that lives up to the promise of creating more space on the boat.  The engine room doesn't go away.  It gets a little smaller, but you still need a mechanical room to house the genny, water heater, tanks, batteries and other stuff.  The layout is different and, IMHO, not better.  

Maybe Kim will make it work!

@goalie59 - I'm with you.  I go to the boat to get away from TV.  
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as longevity, They have improved those outboards over the years, Ya think they will last as long? 
    Boat Name : 

Buddy of mine went today and sent a shot of the 320:

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the waterline a boot stripe?  It looks like it's rounded, almost like a wide rub rail.

Sharp-looking boat.  
    What was the price tag on that one??
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rinker needs to get all over social media with their products- they are really missing the boat, no pun intended. You tube is where it is at, they should have their own channel and be putting customer videos up along with product - they are selling a brand not a boat.
  • zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    They do have a channel
  • zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    They need to start promoting on YouTube more
  • WildboatingWildboating Member Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    It was a great show!  However I was very disappointed in the lack of vendors selling boating accessories.   I love seeing the latest in tech and toys for our boats.  Cleveland needs more of that.

We too met Kim and toured the 320, very nice boat!  I had hoped to see the new 370, Kim told me it is planned to be shown at the detroit show. I may head up there to check out theirs and see how the compare.

2003 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee, 350 Mag MPI, Bravo 3 2.20:1 w/ 22p 4 x4 props

• WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a brand new 370 in Toronto....but someone bought it opening night so they weren't letting anyone on board... :/ 
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
    Agree Wild, lots of boats to look at but we do enjoy the isles of gear vendors and that did not grow this year 

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish the Pittsburgh show was bigger. It used to be at the convention center in downtown, but now it is a shell of itself in the suburb of Monroeville. The recession really took a hit on dealers in this area. If I knew more about getting business loans and floorplan money, I would open a dealer/marina here. I found two sweet waterfront locations for docks.

I may have to venture to Cleveland next year for an afternoon to see a real show. I will be in Florida while the Miami show is going on, but I will be in Destin, which is a long **** drive to Miami. That show is on my bucket list.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
    Now your talking AL. Got a pair of 3208s up there??
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Alswagg said:
    Outboards on a cruiser are a joke. Like putting Alpha drives on a cruiser.  Should not ever happen.   Until a twin prop design is intergrated to an outboard it is useless.  I don’t recommend any larger than a 150  more than that buy a Big Block stern drive.    Maybe a slug diesel then supercharge and turbo charge it 
    So what is the difference between an outboard and a bravo 2 on a cruiser? Both have single prop's....... 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod

I'll agree with Al (good question @raybo3!).  The bravo 2 has the same upper as the Bravo 3, just a different lower unit (at least that's what I'm told).  I have 18.5 diameter "big cow" props and the second it's in gear, she will push right along!

It's good to know more about the outboards, especially since we are seeing more of them!  thanks Al!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Thanks AL, I was wondering about that application, for longevity. A cruiser is not a lightweight tritoon. or run about. 
    Boat Name : 

• kumar1961kumar1961 Member Posts: 3
    Here are couple of pictures from the show.

• kumar1961kumar1961 Member Posts: 3
    It was great to see the excitements of current Rinker Boat owners at the show. Bigger and better display at the show next year. Thanks - Boats New 2U
    kumar1961 said:
    It was great to see the excitements of current Rinker Boat owners at the show. Bigger and better display at the show next year. Thanks - Boats New 2U
    Thank you for investing in the show, was great to see you guys there. Hope to see you at Cedar Point boat show in Aug/Sept. 

@kumar1961   thanks for pictures. 
    Boat Name :