Options

anchor question

Hi guys,

I recently purchased a 2005 Rinker 320 and had a few questions:

- The Delta anchor is in a rough shape... what is the correct part for replacement or can it be painted/cleaned?

- What do you guys recommend for stern anchor? will this work:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01N40VQA9/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AQ7UE0LRK3WY4&psc=1

Here is the pic of my anchor..

Comments

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    The anchor in the picture doesn't look that bad.  I'd try to clean it up a bit.  Otherwise it should have a model or weight on it.  You can use that info to get an anchor of equal effect. 

I have a Fortress FX-11 as a stern anchor.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get a spray can of cold galvanized or goggle  hot dip galvanize for a local place. As far as a stern ancor that will work fine.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
    Definitely no need to replace the bow anchor, it looks fine!  Stern anchor should be fine as well.  I would not get any smaller, and maybe one step up.  I've always found that the larger the stern, the better off I am.  I've had my stern hold 3 of my boats rafted together in two really bad storms that came up on the stern (one knocked down a roof covering boats on the next river up - 70-80mph winds).  The Fortress is really nice, but a bit more expensive.  (they are light and can be taken apart for storage)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    JosephJonesJosephJones Member Posts: 5
    It will be better to give the rinker for servicing as they will check all the parts of it and if there is a problem in another part it will also be repaired. Delta anchor is not looking like damaged, still if it is you can take advice of providers who transport boats, as they have more knowledge about this. They are having professionals and experienced team who will give you the right advice about this.
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree that your bow anchor looks fine, that stern anchor from amazon looks identical to my stern anchor which works great, I’ve used it as a stern anchor for me and 2-3 boats rafted to me on lighter wind days at the beach. 16 lb looks right but I’m not 100% on that.
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)