Options

2018 Chesapeake Rinkervous

2»

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Handymans342  MY My...we are the choosy one...aren't we ?   If I was staying the night, I would offer you our accommodations,  But I'm afraid it wouldn't meet with your expectations !   :-)
    Sure it would as you have a seperate AC in your aft berth😀
  • Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    Sorry fellas I couldn’t back in town in time to get there.  Looking forward to the photos.  
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    One of these years I am going to take a plane ride there. Is there a place to rent a boat?
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    raybo3 said:
    One of these years I am going to take a plane ride there. Is there a place to rent a boat?
    Maybe I’ll split the rental with you...
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raybo3 said:
    Meet me there and we will rent a 50 foot Viking
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    Saturday, 10:45 PM.  By now, @Dream_Inn is probably whipping the crowd into a frenzy with some sort of crazy costume!
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,562 mod
    edited July 2018

Oh man, I actually made it in today to work, leaving directly from the boat this morning!  It was wonderful as usual, but I gotta say the whole Halloween thing this year was over the top!!  First off, every single boat had decorations up & most were more than we have at our house for actual Halloween!  & then to really top it off, Saturday evening was cooler...the costumes came out, and boy did they ever!!!!!  we played a theme song with lots of the costumes.  My wife and kids were the Adamms family, and came out of the cabin to the song.  Then we had Happy Days, with the Fonz and poodle skirt girl.  Then played Born in the USA for the Uncle Sam couple (boy those teeth of theirs sure need some help :) ).  & poor Glenn had that ball and chain all night long.

It sure will be one night to talk about for a very long time!  The seaplane came in Saturday morning and gave rides for a few hours.  Unfortunately he wasn't able to stay, but said he and his better half will definitely stay for the entire even next year. 

Later in the afternoon, my wife happened to check my phone and it happened to have a cell signal.  Arrival of a brand new Red Rinker Q7 was less than 10 minutes away!!  It was Hawk driving the boat from Hawk Yachts dealer in Annapolis.  The boat has a 300hp Mercury outboard.  Hawk was nice enough to let everyone check the boat out.  Let me tell you, I was proud of Rinker!!!  That boat is amazing! Then, we piled a bunch of us into it.  12 people to be exact.  He pulled out (most of us didn't even know the engine was running yet, it was so quiet).  The little area we were in was pretty calm.  He got us on plane in just seconds.  Crazy with 12 people!!  Then we turned outside our little bay and hit some much larger waves.  She handled all of it like a dream!  I just want to shout to both Rinker and Hawks Yachts for that wonderful time!!!  After 13 years of an event like this, you guys really topped it off for us!  Hawk said maybe next year he can bring the 370 and stay for the weekend!  That would be amazing!!!

There were definitely some more boats that I had expected.  3 from my marina had the wrong date.  I originally planned for July 26 -29, but changed it immediately.  Sorry for the miss communication.  We are going to always go with the second weekend after July 4th from now on!

One last great shout out to @Diggin2day1 !!!  He made an amazing server table that, when that gift went out to the best decorated boat, gave the winning admiral tears in her eyes!  It just happens that they are the only other boat that has made it all 13 years with us!

Pictures will be to come, as soon as I recover, and gather pictures (cause I didn't take very many at all) and get some work done! :)

Edit:  One last thing I've gotta add, the trick or treating was great!  Everyone was ready with treats, both adult ones and kid ones (nothing better than alcohol and chocolate/sugar).

Post edited by Dream_Inn on

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    tk1973tk1973 Member Posts: 120 ✭✭
    Sounds like a great time. 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see the pix!  I need to start planning now for next year.
  • Options
    TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    ... this guy gets us all worked up and still no pics!!  😊😊
  • Options

I took maybe 6 pictures, and 4 or 5 were when I was sober, because I wouldn't still have a dry phone/camera if I was taking pics any other time.  I need to gather pics from others, but I know it will take a while.  Our "professional" photographer is still catching up as well because he has been out on the boat 15 of the last 18 days just like me.  :)  I will work on it though, cause there are gonna be some great pictures!!

Oh, and next year's theme, is decorate your boat to your favorite movie! :) 

• Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    RansnanRansnan Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    Where's all the Pictures  ?
  • Options
    Ransnan said:
    Where's all the Pictures  ?

yeah, yeah...I hear you guys.  It may actually be a week or two.  I currently have a week with kids in camp, so nights are home are nice!  & then boating is higher priority :)....but really, just waiting for pics from others.

So, Randy, we may actually just organize a normal raft-up at Still pond the weekend that was originally on the books (July 27-29).  It seems that a lot of people had that planned (even my dock neighbor had - still has- friends flying in from Seattle for that weekend).  I know you said you could make that weekend. :)

• Options
    That will be nice, I'll check with the Boss lady, i think were free, hopefully it wont be to hot out, its hard to sleep anymore with out the AC
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting for some pictures!
  • Options
    J3ff said:
    Still waiting for some pictures!

I'd like to think I'll get some by this weekend.  I'm actually looking forward to seeing them too! :)

• Options
    Dream Inn III,I think there's gonna be a hole lotta junk floating in the bay this weekend,  weve decided not to go to Still Pond, maybe some other weekend,   Safe Travels to you all
  • Options

No problem.  Looks like we are going to do a more local raft-up. 

@06rinker270 , I sent you a PM.  Maybe you can swing around the corner and tie up as well.  I think we may have 8-10 Rinkers tied up, so like a mini-Rinkervous :)

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I thought I would see some pictures...was there really a get together?
  • Options
    Well, we had another smaller get together this weekend...so, on the boat so much, nobody has time to get the pictures out there yet! :)....but, I'll post a new topic with pics from this past weekend.

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you ever post pictures from the 2018 event? The admiral was curious to see the turnout.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Did you ever post pictures from the 2018 event? The admiral was curious to see the turnout.

Oh man, I knew I'd be getting asked.  I had not posted any pics.  I actually think just 2 weekends ago I got a CD (yeah, old-fashioned) of a bunch from the event.  I need to take a look.  You can take a look at the 2017 one to get an idea though.  

• Options
    well, I got a couple photos of Rinker's visit last year.  This is Hawk driving the boat.  He is the owner of our local Rinker dealer Hawks Yachts.  Was really a beautiful boat and handled extremely well with a very large group of us on board.