Options

anyone replaced shower sump 2000 270 fiesta vee

shower sump replacement 2000 270 fiesta vee

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    JonnyMJonnyM Member Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    There are really two ways of doing this.  You can change the pump in the box if it is bad or you can change the whole sump box.  The box should be located in the aft cabin under the hatch beneath the mattress pad.  (That's where it is on my 2003).  If you replace just the pump, you will need to replace it with the same pump and float switch or pump with a built in float switch depending on what is in your sump box.  Sometimes it is easier and around the same cost to just change the whole sump box.  In that case you unscrew the old box, take the hoses off and reconnect them to the right size inlets on the new box.  You will have to cut the ends off the inlets you want to use on the new box with a hacksaw.  Just make sure you cut the correct inlets based on the size hoses you have.  Finally, you will have to connect the wires as the old one was connected with waterproof barrel connectors.  
    Attwood Boat Shower Sump Pump 500 Gph
    "Mosi on Dahn"  2003 Fiesta Vee 270
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    @JonnyM - great answer!  

I would not try to re-use the box.  After 17 years, the plastic is probably getting brittle.  Just get a new one.  West Marine usually stocks them. 
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my 242 I bought the one pictured above. It didn't fit in the port hole access panel so I modified my old box to fit the new guts. My original one is no longer available and the pumps are designed a little different now. I could've removed the step box but I think this was the best way to do it for future access.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a 2000 270 and when we bought the boat the sump wasn't working. The box was in good shape so we just changed out the pump body. A 10 minute job. Take a look under the little removable hatch under the rear berth. Sump is right there. 4 little screws hold the cover on. Remove it and you can easily see what model and brand of pump it is. Good opportunity to clean the gunk out too. They can be nasty. I gave the whole works a good spray with a cleaner and water hose before working on it.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree on replacing the entire box, a year or so i replaced mine with the same box that is pictured above. Found it on jet.com for around $85 delivered. Good luck 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    last season we switched over to the rule shower sump and switched out the mid bilge to a rule===as everything was original the basket was brittle and breaking both systems seemed loud,slow & sometimes work...pleased with both rule systems...very quite ..fast and works...my .02