Options

Cable splitter on 2007 350 EC

Can anyone tell me where the cable splitter is for a '07 Rinker 350 EC.  I'm looking to upgrade my antennae and cable for digital TVs.  Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need to upgrade the antenna for off air digital. The digital carriers run on the UHF band, and your antenna is designed for that band as well as the VHF band. I still have the factory antenna on my 2008 280EC and I get 40+ off air digital channels. The only change I made was the splitter and compression connectors. The worst part about the setup are the connectors that Rinker installed at the factory. They are Radio Shack twist on connectors which are terrible. The splitter is also terrible. If you can find a Antronix splitter (I believe you can get them at Lowes), they are much better than the factory installed ones.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dlyman64....@Cableguy Greg has forgotten more about "cabling" than most of us ever knew. Might I add you can also get a powered splitter that can enhance the picture depending pn your set-up..... of course remember, nothing can fix a dirty signal but if you get a good signal and want to run a few units from it a powered splitter has adjustments that allow scalibility. I have one I purchased from Radio Shack  (about $40?) that I was going to install in our 2013 EC 310 but before I could a 2014 EC 360 caught the Admiral's eye.
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with Greg’s comments, my 2006 Shakespeare gets tons of digital channels. My cable in splitter is behind the tv, one side is dockside cable in which I don’t use and the other side is the antenna in. You may need a new tv to get digital though. My 06 boat came with an 04 flatscreen tv from Rinker which was not digital, brand new Samsung and I was in business. Previous owner used the old tv with a digital converter box. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    redlightningredlightning Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    check behind the electrical panels.  that is where my connections were located along with the pre-amp.  not the same boat but might translate.
    2011Sea Ray 450 Twin 8.2’s Bravo III Sterndrive
    2012 390 Sea Ray Twin 8.2’s Inboard - Sold
    2008 330 Express Cruiser - Sold
  • Options
    dlyman64dlyman64 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the helps everyone!