Options

removing windshield wiper for good

skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
Has anybody removed their windshield wiper for good?  It's useless on my 270.  I'm usually standing up when it's raining for better visibility and I only turn it on as a joke.

I was wanting to add a new trumpet horns to the boat this season and thought of using the windshield wiper hole to run the hoses?

2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3

Comments

• Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have on I use the rainx they make one for the plastic and one for the glass 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    edited February 2018
    Rainx is a good alternative if you plan ahead.  I'd just remove the arm and leave the motor shaft in place.  

BTW air horns might not be the best option.  Ongaro makes a good electric dual trumpet.  Just as effective as a small air horn, and more reliable.  Sounds great too.

https://www.defender.com/product.jsp?id=147388 
    Post edited by LaRea on
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the single trumpet Ongaro and it sounds great. I got the all stainless version. Sometimes I wish I would have gone with the dual trumpet, but I am happy with the single.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    edited February 2018
    It's on sale this week, only $133.  
    Post edited by LaRea on
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah thanks.  I would go electric probably.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod

Yeah, I keep my windows all clean with Rainx.  I figure if I just use it as my window cleaner, they will always repel water :)

I'm not sure I agree on reliable for the electric horns.  It seems after a few years of being new, each year you need to clean the contacts on them. (I guess it's all relative, maybe more reliable than the air horns as you said)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like my windshield wiper! I don't use it, it's useless for the most part but to me, it's the sign you have a yacht (albeit small) and not a "boat"!