Options

Shore power

Has anyone relocated the shore power plugs, I have a 2003, 342 and it's a chore to plug the shore power back it from a day of cruising,  with my rear door and finger pier being on the starboard side, what Dummy ( engineer ) figured that's the best place to put it !! Half way up the port side !!

Comments

• Options
    vyborny1vyborny1 Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    I have the same problem when I stern in, finger is on the starboard side. It's such an easier job when I have my wife hold the doors open, then I kind of hang off the side. 
    I'm sure anything can be done with the right amount of money. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree I have the same trouble. Rinker had to put the plugs there because you can only be so far away from the fuse panel. My 270 was the same way. Receptacle are around 50 bucks each. Would love to have them on the strein. The newer years have 2 locations.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    I'm one that is not fond of it on the stern. I boat with another 400 & 390, one 1 yr older, 390 is 2 yrs older. Those two have it on the stern, both wish it was on their side. It's not in the way while boarding on mine, but is on theirs. I understand though how different situations one can want it on the stern.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have it on both the stern and the port side close to the bow. Luckily our pier is on the port side so it is in a good spot but if our pier were stbd I’d either use the stern inlet or run it across the bow. I guess the perfect configuration would be both sides and stern. My dads sailboat had it only on the aft port side and his pier is stbd so we bought a second inlet and a automatic switch box to join the stbd and port inlets and then route to the panel. The box was under $100 and it auto switches from the port to stbd outlets depending on which it senses electricity first. Worked great last summer 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    RansnanRansnan Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    I could change slips as to make it easier to do the shore power, but then you have to step over the stern lines to get in the boat, I think I'm going to try n move to a second location,  would love to have either to choose from, more research needs done