Options

New Tops

trich11trich11 Member Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
We installed the new tops on our 2002/342 which we purchased from Ameritex which makes the tops for Rinker. They come complete however you have to install the snaps yourself. I hired a local guy who does canvas to come down and install the 40 or so snaps has I didn't want to screw it up. We waited on a warm, sunny day to make sure the tops were warm and pliable. He started to install snaps and quickly discovered he had to to go almost to the edge to allow the tops to get to the snaps. When we got to the back, the top did not reach the snap positions which are original. We had to have him install the buttons on the boat and use the bungee connectors to connect the top to the boat. It looks like the top is approximately 1 inch short all of the way around. I have contacted Ameritex and am awaiting their response. The frame is original, in good shape and is not adjustable and the snaps are original and haven't been moved. Has anyone else experienced anything similar??

Comments

• Options
    sunrnr33sunrnr33 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    I have all new canvas and new bimini frame from ameritex, I got this from TJ and it was all new in sealed bags, side enclosures had all the snaps installed, front and rear did not and have someone coming to do it. One obstacle I found was finding someone that would install the snaps, several companies wouldn't do it because they didn't want to deal with the problems if the canvas didn't fit correctly. For what you pay for canvas it would be nice to be able to talk to professional on the phone to help in 2013!