Options

Rinker Forum

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
We all know how fortunate we are to be a member of the Rinker Owners Club Forum....but I had forgotten just HOW lucky we actually are! As you guys know I just bought a PWC.  Today I went on a number of PWC owners forums. I was astounded how many posts - on many forums less that 90% - were not ever answered. Never, like going back years. People are reading the posts, sometimes a couple of hundred reads but no suggestions or offers of help. I asked a question about installing pop-up cleats in the stern area of a 2018 FX Cruiser SVHO (it has pop-up cleats in the bow area).....let's see if I even get a reply on that forum. Geez, I have already replied to one poor guy who asked a question about octane ratings for his supercharged pwc. Guys WE are LUCKY to have this membership!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    edited February 2018
    Out of curiosity, I looked through the 200 most recent posts.  I think there were 7 posts with no replies -- less than 4%. 

Out of 685 "questions" that have been posted, only 52 remain unanswered -- less than 8%.  And that includes some that were answered but the author forgot to "accept" answers.  

Yeah, we're like that.  
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    This forum is great. I get many PM's about the forum. Point is our members care very much about the forum and other members. Everyone helps everyone on here. Trust me I see more than most. Rinker brother and sisters ROCK!!!!!!
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    It’s the PWC mindset. Jump on, start and gun it. Why waste time being helpful - and learning the rules also.  :)

just my opinion. The decent PWC owners are or have been responsible boat owners. 

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes, and I look at other forums, its the brand- I'm sure sea ray has a fo fo forum but the Rinker family seems to be a little different breed- for what ever reason we seem to hang. Maybe its because there are guys like me trying to have one of these by a thread and others that appreciate that and try to help. Just a little different group and I hope it continues!
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Boom
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I keep looking for a SeaFox forum since buying our center console.  No luck.

I belong to a regional forum but its all but died due to Facebook and a change of ownership.  

This is a very active and connected forum IMO.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well since I have diesels, I am on the boatdiesel forum which is very good but you have to pay $50 a year.  
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I have used The Hull Truth at times.  Just not the same as here though.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....yeah Handy $50 but you make that back when you've gone 50 feet, right?
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    I love watching how this forum picks up this time of year... slows down during the middle/end of the boating season(for us northerners anyway). Now that the winter doldrums are starting to wind down, everyone is getting “the itch” and tired of looking at their wrapped boats lying dormant in their backyard... Activity on the forum is starting to buzz. 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod

I love watching how this forum picks up this time of year... slows down during the middle/end of the boating season(for us northerners anyway). Now that the winter doldrums are starting to wind down, everyone is getting “the itch” and tired of looking at their wrapped boats lying dormant in their backyard... Activity on the forum is starting to buzz. 

yes, my 10-day forecast looks like spring! :)  Nothing close to the freezing mark and the next 2 days are in the 70s.  This coming weekend in the 60s, but rain.  I actually thought about taking the cover off this weekend, but with rain I'll hold off - gotta have a dry cover when I put it away.  I'm thinking of next weekend, March 3rd!!! :)  My only problem is when the marina will turn the water back on.  I can run a real long hose (putting several together) or possibly find another fuel dock with water, but I need a lot of water to run through the tanks and then I like to hose any dust off before it makes it dirty! :)

My first 4 day trip is planned over Easter weekend!

& oh, back on topic...this forum is fantastic!  Keep me going thru the winter!!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    I’d love to go see mine. It’s inside a bunker where the door is still iced up and no sun hits it. Hopefully the mild temps this week will help an end of wrk kooksee. May need the influence of a pick and shovel

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    nhsdnhsd Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    I haven't been on it lately (since I blew up my Seadoo XPL), but PWCtoday.com was very useful to me when I had my Seadoo and Kawasaki jetskis. It has subgroups for different manufacturers and there were certainly highly capable, informative and helpful individuals on both of those branded sub-groups. They talked me through a number of repairs and upgrades as well as just knowing the skis better. 

This Rinker group is good, but it is pretty heavily focused on cruisers and I own an open-bow. I spend time on the CrownlineHQ forum which is a great group of open-bow/sport boat folks. Mostly Crownline owners, of course, but quite a few other brands represented also.

Dave

2002 Captiva 212, 5.0 220 hp, Alpha 1, 1.62 gears

Moon Township, PA - boating in the Ohio River

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I sold my boat over 1 year ago, and I still come on here to read posts and answer questions (if and where I can help).
    Post edited by MarkB on

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    We sold our 246 Captiva in August because our lives with us grand-daughter will be going to university in the fall and we need to help her out so she won't have huge student debt (she wants to be a veterinarian$$$$$), but I still follow the forum every day and still hope to one day own another boat, likely a cruiser.
  • Options
    summerxsummerx Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
    Dream_Inn said:

yes, my 10-day forecast looks like spring! :)  Nothing close to the freezing mark and the next 2 days are in the 70s.  This coming weekend in the 60s, but rain.  I actually thought about taking the cover off this weekend, but with rain I'll hold off - gotta have a dry cover when I put it away.  I'm thinking of next weekend, March 3rd!!! :)  My only problem is when the marina will turn the water back on.  I can run a real long hose (putting several together) or possibly find another fuel dock with water, but I need a lot of water to run through the tanks and then I like to hose any dust off before it makes it dirty! :)

My first 4 day trip is planned over Easter weekend!

& oh, back on topic...this forum is fantastic!  Keep me going thru the winter!!

DI, I would hold off on the March 3 cover removal.  long range weather is showing signals of a potential significant winter storm that first week of march.  not trying to be a downer, but don't want you to get your hopes up.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod
    Thanks @Summerx .  I am holding off thru this weekend for sure since it's going to rain.  By next weekend, I can look at the 10-day forecast and see what it looks like before I go any further.  It wouldn't be the first time I enjoyed an early March on the boat in the snow (just a couple inches).  Wouldn't want it to be big dump of snow though! :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, for the most part Lake...just don't bring up diesel motors...
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on other forum's , one stock market, one concurrency, (Those guy's just want your money, all of it) and BBQ forum, The BBQ forum is equal to this one, brothers helping brothers.     
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Mike_GMike_G Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    I think other boats like Sea Ray have become sort of a "rich person toy" these days.  Of course there are exceptions, but in general.  Therefore the people that buy them.. especially new, aren't the "forum" type, that actually work on their boat.  They love to go out on their boats.. just like "us", so it's not bad.. just different.

Rinkers are more of an actual "hobby" for their owners.  There is interest in the actual boat and "boating" itself and hobby of boating.  That's my initial thought at least.

-=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC