Potomac Rinkervous '18

13»

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of us have been in that area
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,570 mod
    I do like that the weather-guessers are predicting a nice high-pressure system moving in!  Ten-day forecasts usually don't mean squat, but I think we deserve some good weather next week.  
  • Options
    onislandtimeonislandtime Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    Okay Boys and Girls I have Major Firework display will be on Saturday. You should be able to see 3 firework displays from sweet spot. The closes one will be at Goose Bay Marina. Best view would be in the mouth of the Port Tobacco creek where Goose Bay Marina is. I have got everyone tickets so its all on me.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    Okay Boys and Girls I have Major Firework display will be on Saturday. You should be able to see 3 firework displays from sweet spot. The closes one will be at Goose Bay Marina. Best view would be in the mouth of the Port Tobacco creek where Goose Bay Marina is. I have got everyone tickets so its all on me.

That sounds great!!  Looks like weather will be perfect. 

I'm assuming it will be ok to just pull in Goose bay on Friday thinking they'll have the fuel to fill up the 4 boats?  I don't mean it to sound like a silly question, I just know there are some small marinas that have said to let them know, especially when we may need up to 1k gallons of fuel.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    @Dream_Inn I was going to confirm the boats that will be gasing up and how much fuel might need. I will coordinate with them
  • Options
    The gas prices are still the same (87 $3.26 89 $3.49 93 $3.74 Diesel 2.99) Just checked and they have enough for our group. Just let me know what time of arrival and I will be waiting to help
  • Options
    2.99 for diesel?? Sweeett
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,570 mod
    89 and 93?  Sweeett
  • Options

I just paid $3.05 for 89 on Sunday.  I'm betting if that was on the VA side it'd be 20 cents cheaper. :) 

At this point, we will aim to get there in the morning.  If I were to make a guess right now, I'd say 9am.  I'll guess for the 3 gas boats we'll need around 500 gallons. The diesel probably 150 gallons.  Any chance for a group discount :)

• Options
    @onislandtime , I was putting your number in my phone, but didn't catch your name yet? :)

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow!!! $3.05 a gallon. It's $4.99/gallon for gas in Pittsburgh on the water.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    Oil is going up big time and just in time for hurricanes.
  • Options
    Goose doesn't sell adult beverages. If anyone needs supplies let me know and I can pickup on my way down.
  • Options
    Goose doesn't sell adult beverages. If anyone needs supplies let me know and I can pickup on my way down.

Thanks!  I think we'll be all set.  We are bringing enough to cover our 10 days.  I know the one boat has a wine drinker and is literally bringing 2 cases of wine (yes, 24 bottles).  & that's just for the admiral :)

Is it safe to assume they have ice though?  I'm sure we'll all get a bag.

• Options
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Dream_Inn said:

Thanks!  I think we'll be all set.  We are bringing enough to cover our 10 days.  I know the one boat has a wine drinker and is literally bringing 2 cases of wine (yes, 24 bottles).  & that's just for the admiral :)

Is it safe to assume they have ice though?  I'm sure we'll all get a bag.

I think you mean you'll all be "in the bag".  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Stodge said:
    I think you mean you'll all be "in the bag".  
    I think you're right!  It's gonna be warm, but that is definitely ok.  I'm outta work in less than an hour!! :)