I love technology

StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭

This is our trip from last August.  I took the GPS track from the Garmin and loaded it into Google Earth.  I had it printed at WalMart on an 8x8 canvas.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

Comments

• randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty cool, remind me again how many mile's you covered? on that trip.
    Boat Name : 

• StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    865 miles in 16 days.  What that does not show is the curly cue we did around Mackinac Island, and us leaving Flower Pot Island to go take pictures of a near by lighthouse and heading back to Tobermory where we had been the day before and forgot to get fuel.

• LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,534 mod
    I might have to steal that idea from you.
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are not any light house's in my neighborhood, only day marker's. That would be and interesting trip just to go look at all the light houses. And yes I would take pictures of all of them also. You know what they say, pictures or it did not happen, so where are your pictures. Guess we are getting old wanting to take pictures of light houses. And wanting to see them. 
    Boat Name : 

• StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    @randy56 Michigan has around 116 lighthouses.  We've been to almost 70 of them by land or water.  I have a poster style frame with a mat for several small photos in it in my home office of lighthouses in Michigan we've visited.  

Kinda funny, on our big trip last August we had stopped to take pictures of Thunder Bay lighthouse outside of Alpena when we broke down.

We have a friend who has a place in North Carolina.  We keep trying to find time to go down there to drive up the Outer Banks and see the lighthouses there including Cape Hattreras, the grand-daddy of U.S. lighthouses.