Options

How do I change the starboard wiper motor on 2002 342 fiesta vee?

How do I change the starboard wiper motor on 2002 342 fiesta vee?   Looks like I have to drop the headliner.

Comments

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't looked for the wiper motor but maybe if you remove the gauge cluster that has the tach etc. you will be able to reach it.  I know that you can reach back a little ways when that's removed.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    On my '03, I had to drop the headliner.  It's not difficult.  The screws have caps that pry off with a screwdriver.  
  • Options
    jrobbin6@aol.comjrobbin6@aol.com Member Posts: 9
    Thanks LaRea.   My starboard wiper motor stopped working, and I was afraid that was to way to get to the motor.   Is it just the one piece that you to remove?
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    @jrobbin6@aol.com - it's really easy ... not at all like a car headliner.  It's a panel covered with vinyl.  Just remove whatever screws you need to pull down the panel and reach the motor.  Make note of the wire colors, then cut the wires.  On the outside, remove the wiper arm (should be a small hex screw holding it to the shaft).  Then remove the retainer nut that holds the motor to the deck.