Options

Air conditioning sea strainer 342FV

Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone upgraded / relocated their sea strainer on a 342? At least on mine it is installed horizontal as no room to be vertical. It is undersized I believe.  Hardin Marine has a nice option with the top that removes. Anything different means relocating the strainer though. Thoughts?

http://www.hardin-marine.com/c-1505-sea-strainer-kits.aspx

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
PC BYC, Holland, MI

Comments

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that our strainers are under the aft cabin rather than in the engine room like on some boats, but I don’t like the 342 setup where it goes in at a weird angle. Lookin forward to your upgrade, can’t think of anyone here who has done this mod. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I take mine out and clean it every year but otherwise I don't even think about it.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    every year would be nice. We run ours Friday - Sunday and usually in humidity mode during the week so I have to clean it out monthly. Never pretty in there! 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    sandeka772sandeka772 Member Posts: 7
    Can someone please point out where the sea strainers would be on our recently acquired 2009 360EC?  Thanks so much.  
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the forward wall of the bilge for the generator sea strainer. Under the port seat in the rear cabin "bedroom" for the Air Conditioner. In believe I have posted pictures of both in the past. If I can find them I'll repost. Mine was a 2014 EC 360 now owned by @bry1429. I also up-graded the strainer for the generator and posted that process.
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting and timely.  I was just cleaning out my through hull's where i had almost painted them shut with bottom paint.  I was looking at the strainer as well wondering if that was why i always get the HPF fault on the AC.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!