Free: LED cockpit courtesy lights

LaReaLaRea Alexandria VirginiaPosts: 3,401Member ✭✭✭✭✭
Does your mid-2000's Rinker express cruiser have LED courtesy lights (floor lights) in the cockpit?  Do you need to replace any of them?  

I removed eight lights during an upgrade project.  Send me a PM with your shipping info and the number of lights you need.  I'll send 'em free of charge.  

These are the small white [edit: blue] LEDs that install in a 3/4" hole near the floor.  

Post edited by LaRea on

Comments

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Bay Village & Marblehead, OH.Posts: 2,266Member ✭✭✭✭
    My 06 has courtesy lights and I wouldn't mind one or two in case one goes bad but I think they look different. Will have to snap a pic of them next week. I dont love the blue color of them though and would like to go to something else. Did you find something else that fit in nicely?
    Wine-N-Down -- 2006 342 Express Cruiser

• LaReaLaRea Alexandria VirginiaPosts: 3,401Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, right - they are blue, not white.  

This is what I switched to.  Fits perfectly, but you need an LED controller for them.  Any 3/4" 12-volt light will work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marine-RV-Boat-LED-Down-Courtesy-VersiColor-RED-GREEN-BLUE-Light-Stainless/232429583232?hash=item361de1fb80:g:p7kAAOSwjvJZUpF9&vxp=mtr 
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 3,881Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it the same hole as the original lights?
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
    Yes, same 3/4" hole.  I'd bet there are lots of easy replacements - just not free like these!

Switching to multicolor LEDs (which I'll discuss in an upcoming post) was tedious but not difficult.  It's small-gauge 4-conductor wire, so lots of soldering.  I still have yet to see them in the dark.  Looking forward to it.
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 5,197Member, Moderator mod
    I'm missing some of the plastic covers on mine that I'd like to replace, not sure I'd want to go blue though.  They look the same as mine though.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

I just hooked one up to refresh my memory on the color.  It's basically white, but with a slight blue tint.  You want 'em, they're yours.
    LaRea said:
    I just hooked one up to refresh my memory on the color.  It's basically white, but with a slight blue tint.  You want 'em, they're yours.

I could use two or three (I had another one flickering when I was on the boat Saturday), but I don't want to take them away from someone that may need the whole cabin.

• jme097jme097 Algonac, MIPosts: 1,218Member ✭✭✭
    Oh I can use two or three! @LaRea

Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
    No more calls, we have a winner!  I'll send half to @Dream_Inn and half to @jme097.  Thanks for saving them from the dumpster!
  • jme097jme097 Algonac, MIPosts: 1,218Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you very mucho!
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • tomrapptomrapp Manahawkin N.J. Posts: 24Member ✭✭
    You wouldn’t happen to have any lights left would you. I would take any you have left. I have 6 that are burnt out. 
    Sorry!  All gone ... I sent you a PM too.  
    One of them didn't work and it was the last one I needed. Can I send it back for new? :).

Double the price.  No, triple!  

But seriously.  Maybe others who replace their lights will offer up the old ones for adoption.
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Pawcatuck river CTPosts: 1,965Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Dream_Inn I have one let me see if can find it will PM when I do.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
    @Dream_Inn I have one let me see if can find it will PM when I do.

Oh man, you guys are great!!!

• luvinlifeluvinlife Portsmouth RIPosts: 311Member ✭✭✭
    LeRea I am in the process of upgrading my lights to LED.  How do I remove those little cockpit courtesy lights? 
    You have to reach around to the back side and unscrew the plastic retainer nut.  I don't think I needed a wrench for them.  
    Thanks.  Not sure I have access to the back on all three on my 270, but I will check. 
  • WillhoundWillhound Lake Simcoe, Ontario, CanadaPosts: 1,838Member ✭✭✭✭
    luvinlife said:
    LeRea I am in the process of upgrading my lights to LED.  How do I remove those little cockpit courtesy lights? 
    Are you changing the whole unit or just the bulbs? The bulbs just pull out.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
    Just the bulbs to LED is my preference.  How do I remove them?
    If I remember correctly the lenses have a little notch you can use a small screwdriver to carefully pry them off. The bulbs just then pop out of the mount. Took me 5 minutes to do my 3. Covers just snap back on.
    edited May 5
    @luvinlife I used these. Don't forget you need 4, there's there's the one on the stairs to the cabin. I bought 6 so I would have spares, which was good because one was D.O.A.
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00IXH5UDY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And the cabin lights were these:
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06WLHQWZB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For under $20 I changed them all. And that's CDN, so about $1.99 'Merican? :D
    Thanks Willhound.  I bought the cabin light replacements now I know what I need for the courtesy lights!  Easy projects. 
    I don't know if they changed between 2000 and 2006. You'll know ad soon as you pull a cover off. 
    The ones in my '07 did not have removable bulbs.  They were LEDs hard-wired to a circuit board.
    LaRea said:
    The ones in my '07 did not have removable bulbs.  They were LEDs hard-wired to a circuit board.

yep, mine were the same way.

• danamingeedanamingee Posts: 1Member
    Are these still available? 
    No, sorry.  All taken.