Options

2001 340 FV mattress size

Does anyone know the dimensions of the pads in the aft cabin on a 340 FV?  I would like to order a mattress topper to add a little more padding and can't remember if I need a full or queen size?  Has anyone that has done this in the past found a perfect fit, or did you have to trim the topper to make it fit?

Comments

• Options
    CarsnmorellcCarsnmorellc Member Posts: 230 ✭✭
    I do, but I wont be home for 3 weeks.  Currently chasing hail so I can pay for my toys.  Once I get back I will measure and sketch them for you.  I added a 4" foam mattress pad in the back.  I did it kinda redneck.  Was at the dock, laid the mattress foam out and let it expand, then took my original padding and laid it on top of the foam pad.  Used a marker the stencil the outside.  Used an electric turkey carver.  Then took it to an upholstery shop for them to cover.
    2001 340 Fiesta Vee 20P Hill Marine and 2 new 6.2 Horizon motors. Whine Down
  • Options
    spalmer114spalmer114 Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    I do, but I wont be home for 3 weeks.  Currently chasing hail so I can pay for my toys.  Once I get back I will measure and sketch them for you.  I added a 4" foam mattress pad in the back.  I did it kinda redneck.  Was at the dock, laid the mattress foam out and let it expand, then took my original padding and laid it on top of the foam pad.  Used a marker the stencil the outside.  Used an electric turkey carver.  Then took it to an upholstery shop for them to cover.
    Thank you very much!  That is probably the same route I will go.  I just wasn't sure if a full or queen size mattress pad would fit without cutting it up?
  • Options
    CarsnmorellcCarsnmorellc Member Posts: 230 ✭✭
    Yeah I couldn't help you there, I went ahead and bought a king cause I knew I was going to carve into it. 
    2001 340 Fiesta Vee 20P Hill Marine and 2 new 6.2 Horizon motors. Whine Down
  • Options
    schoej01schoej01 Member Posts: 11
    I have an 05 312 and bought a full size 4” thick memory foam mattress and it fit like a glove for the width. The length was about 5” short but it is more than long enough for my feet to still be on the mattress I am 5’9”. If you want it to fit completely buy one oversized and you can trim it with a good pair of sizzors or a razor knife 
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    The mid-berth of our 342 is roughly queen size.

We used an electric knife to cut the topper we used in our old 280.  Had to cut the edges to fit the slant of the V-berth walls as well as make it sorta triangle shaped.  Worked like a charm.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    spalmer114spalmer114 Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    I made it to the boat last weekend and if I remember correctly the aft berth measured at 75" x 55".  I went ahead and bought a queen 3" memory foam topper and will trim it down to fit better.  It's got to be better than sleeping on the existing pads back there!
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the same, once It was installed it never came out.
    Boat Name :