Boats in the bay and its calling my name

davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭
After a long cold winter it is nice to finally be floating again.  Was put back in my slip on Tuesday and pleased to report that everything is working.  After she was floating i started going though the systems and had all the typical struggles getting the generator to fire up, AC and heat working, head etc...   I didn't flush out the water system yet as it is still a little cold.  Changed the oil, filters and fuel filters and ran the engines.  Checked the electronics, lights, horn and made sure the new depth finder sounder wasn't leaking and was reading correctly.  Gotta say it was nice to hear the engines running again.  The weather turned a bit nasty or i would of run out for a spin.  Come on summer.
It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!

Comments

• thepriceisrightthepriceisright Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    It snowed last night here, in Cleveland.
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lucky guy! I'm just heading down to paint the bottom over here. My marina opens April 1st but doesn't look like very exciting weather here yet to put it in for. 
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    I'm in Cleveland right now, but heading back tomorrow and will be on the boat tomorrow evening! Very nice David!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• BayrunnerBayrunner Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    Be prepared for the snow storm on Monday  4/2 in Maryland.
    Bayrunner -- FV312 - Simple Pleasure
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bayrunner said:
    Be prepared for the snow storm on Monday  4/2 in Maryland.
    Calling for 1-3 inches here on northern Long Island. Hopefully that’s it and on the grass.
    2008 330EC
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tomorrow's basically opening day at our place.  Lotsa action at the marina tomorrow.  We're bringing ours home with brand-new canvas, and I think a lot of people will be filling the dumpster with shrink-wrap tomorrow.  So happy!
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here, 830 am work party at the boat club.. then going to the boat yard and unwrapping. 
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good floating guys, glad to hear!
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crap.  Congrats on getting in. We still have ice on the lake and the marina doesn't even consider dropping boats in before the third week of April....in a good year. 
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • jhofmannjhofmann Member Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    Snowing now in central Connecticut, 3-5 expected, then 60F on Wednesday.
  • jhofmannjhofmann Member Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    As they say here in New England " if you don't like the weather, wait a minute, it will change"
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had planned to sleep on the boat in the slip Saturday night.  Denied!  The wind went crazy on us.  

Here's how I knew we would not spend the night.  I grabbed my bride's hand for a romantic slow dance to Etta James "At Last" (how appropriate for our first night back in our slip!)  But the boat was pitching and rolling so bad that we both had to keep one hand on the boat for balance.  Yeah, that's not gonna be a relaxing night on the boat!  But we had a good laugh about it.
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should have stayed .Would have been like a water bed
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod

@LaRea!  Too funny!  We got back from Ohio Saturday and I was all up for hurrying to the boat!  Got there and noticed the strong wind out of the south. Loaded stuff in the boat, put on a movie.  I had the boat just on the lift, but in the water.  You could hear the water hitting it (wind out of south is directly on stern).  The admiral asked "are you going to be able to sleep tonight?".  I said, let's go home. (figuring I'd worry about adjusting lift to tide in middle of night to keep water flowing for heat).  We packed back up and came home!...oh, and for a good laugh, halfway home (after stopping at grocery store), I left my wallet on boat.  Went back to boat and saw the blue moon come up while on the boat.  It was beautiful!!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express