Options

Want to replace manual pump head in 2000 FV 270

Kaptain_KenKaptain_Ken Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
Since I'm replacing, I may as well go electric.  The Jabsco Quiet Flush electrics seem to be the easiest install since they bolt right on in the existing pattern, but the Raritan heads are nicer.  How about Vacuflush?  Difficult to retrofit?  Anyone here upgrade theirs?  Post pics and details if you did.  Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    No experience, but read reviews that the quiet flush isn't so quiet.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    @Kaptain_Ken=we started with a quiet flush==its not quite=but ours works great..you can just flush or macerate ..ours is raw water=
    flush is quite
    macerate===garbage disposal =soundish
    recommend 
    Post edited by trip_n on
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    I have the same and its not that loud at all. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd go electric over vacu-flush any day of the week.  Mostly because electric has far fewer maintenance items.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stodge said:
    I'd go electric over vacu-flush any day of the week.  Mostly because electric has far fewer maintenance items.  
    Agree here - My dock mates think that their vacu flush heads on their Sea Ray's are the king of all marine crappers. Hey they are nice and quiet, a little bigger, there are perks. BUT - when all those little seals and valves start to leak it is a major rebuild project. If you can find someone to pay to do it you are looking at $600+. I can re build a Jabsco electric in an hour for $45 in parts. Or, you can buy a whole new Jabsco base with pump and all seals and swap that out in 30 min for $200. I'll take a little more noise and a couple less inches of bowl. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Well, I do agree with all you've said Liberty.  I've owned boats with both of them.  At this point though, I know the workings of my vacu-flush, and I personally like it better.  If the Sea Ray guy keeps it up, just be a nice guy and take over some beer and peanuts.  Why you say?  well, the next day, uhm, when those peanuts come out, he'll be figuring out they clog his duck bills. :)  (don't ask me how I know)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Rofl
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    Lol dream! My in laws also have a vacu on their fly that they like. I’ll be removing the peanuts from the galley asap! 

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is this 200 dollar one we can directly swap for the old pump one that came with the boat? (2004 270) :) 
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I had the same electric jabsco in my 2000 Mako that I now have in my 2006 342. I rebuilt the electric jabsco on the Mako a couple of times but after a while had a leak that I couldn’t fix. It was well below the waterline. Bought this and it is basically everything that attaches to the white base including the pump and macerator and seals. Was like new:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000O8D406?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title

• Options
  • Options
    Oh I meant my old HAND pump toilet, was wondering how you can get a whole new electric toilet for 200 bucks.. that may be worth it as my hand pump one is leaking rust (at least I hope that's it) from the pumper. 
  • Options
    there is not 1
  • Options
    J3ff said:
    Oh I meant my old HAND pump toilet, was wondering how you can get a whole new electric toilet for 200 bucks.. that may be worth it as my hand pump one is leaking rust (at least I hope that's it) from the pumper. 
    There is a conversion kit but I think it is in the $500 arena 

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one of these in my 2000 FV270 that a previous owner installed. But I think they've been pretty much discontinued and if you do find one expect to pay at least $500. It handles a good flush with a built in macerator but on the negative side it draws huge amps and makes noise like an industrial sized blender. Not a Piña Colada you'd like......and the whole marina knows if you use it in the middle of the night.
    http://www.xylemflowcontrol.com/marine-and-rv/conversion-kits/29200-electric-conversions.htm
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I was going to replace my manual toilet with an electric flush one, I would go with this one. It uses the same bolt pattern as the original Jabsco toilet.

http://www.xylemflowcontrol.com/marine-and-rv/electric-toilets/58500-series-lite-flush-toilet.htm

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    cheeky....
    need a thumbs up emoji
  • Options
    JonnyMJonnyM Member Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    @Cableguy Greg I like the lite flush too but I am a bit scared from the reviews.  It is belt driven and I read they had a major issue with the first version of this toilet (the belt wasn't strong enough for the torque of the motor). They were supposed to redesign this but I'm not sure if they did.

**Apparently the original gears were plastic and now the new ones are aluminum.  I guess beware that you do not get an old stock version of this head.

"Mosi on Dahn"  2003 Fiesta Vee 270
  • Options
    I need a regular size one.. these small boat toilets don't really work so great for me! 
  • Options
    Kaptain_KenKaptain_Ken Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    J3ff said:
    I need a regular size one.. these small boat toilets don't really work so great for me! 
    Me too!  I'm 6'4"!  That's why I'm replacing to begin with.  The Raritan Atlantes has an elongated bowl.  That's what I'm talkin' about!  It's a serious throne!
  • Options
    laker83laker83 Member Posts: 11
    I’m going electric as well. Where is best location to tap into power source?