Trim Tab DNW

jimmcg8jimmcg8 Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
I replaced the T/T switch on the dash. One T/T still doesn't work when you press the button. What's my next test??
2007 EC 270 496

Comments

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They Lenco electric tabs?  If the switch did not fix it, likely the actuator is dead. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is the led type it has to be connected to the key switch to get power, and finish circuit . should have been in instructions.
    Boat Name : 

• LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,728 mod
    One actuator works and the other doesn't?  Find the controller (black plastic box connected to the switch, buried in that mess of wires in the helm).  Swap the actuator plugs port-to-stbd, and see if the problem moves to the other actuator.  If no, bad actuator.  If yes, maybe bad controller.  

BTW I have a controller for sale.  Cheap if you need it.
  • skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Just went through this myself.  Find a way to bypass the switch and brain box and put 12v to the non working actuator.

Might be as easy as disconnecting a plug and applying 12v to the pins or you might have to cut the cord and do it that way.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • jimmcg8jimmcg8 Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Thanks everyone, this is all appreciated, but I have no idea what I'm looking at. I'm a former ASE auto tech so I'm capable, I just don't know boats. Does Rinker publish a Chilton's manual??
  • LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,728 mod
    No, boats aren't like that.  The production quantities are too low to support that type of documentation.  You basically have to get manuals for each component.

But we are here to help you in your journey.
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You usually find schematics for your systems on line. As far as your trim taps go very simple 2 wires for each. Find the wires put power to them see if they move. The life span is about ten years so you are right on time. Water intrution is usually the reason for failure. They go for about $140 buck and about an hour to change.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct