thermostat not opening..what happens to intake water?

2»

Comments

• aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this something that's usually replaced with an outdrive and bellows service?
    With an Alpha drive, most likely. On the Alpha the pump is in the drive, Bravo has the pump on the engine.
    2008 330EC
  • thepriceisrightthepriceisright Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    aero3113 said:
    Is this something that's usually replaced with an outdrive and bellows service?
    With an Alpha drive, most likely. On the Alpha the pump is in the drive, Bravo has the pump on the engine.
    Got it. Thanks!
  • davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    You know that stupid little rubber impeller was the driving force that got me started on doing my own repairs.  My last boat was a 24 ft bowrider with the same Merc 350 MPI's that i have in my Rinker.  i paid a mechanic to do a tune up and replace the impeller.  Took it out for a spin the next week just to have it overheat at the loading ramp.  Took it back to him to "Fix". For him to tell me nothing was wrong.  Next week, same thing.  Took it home, ordered a new impeller and decided to do it myself.  Found out that some of the impellers out there are cheaper for a reason.  That one just wouldn't prime.  
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with you about the OMC but one thing it was easy to change 
  • skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Impeller change went well.  Though I look and feel like I was attacked by a mountain lion.  Every part of me is scratched up.

Broke impeller pieces were caught around the first oil cooler.  Used a shop vac to suck them out.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Rule # one before changing impeller, take Advil before and after you began the work. Rule #2 have immediate strong beverage after completion.   
    Boat Name : 

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,652 mod
    I changed out my genny impeller on Friday (along with the yellow shaft piece behind it).  I changed out an impeller for a friend on his Rinker 350 engine (for some reason he does one engine each year).  I was surprised that you cannot flip the wear plate to use again.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express