Options

2009 360 for Sale

WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
I don't normally share for sale links I come across, but this one is right in my neighbourhood. @F1100 are you familiar with it? Being sold by the broker at your marina, although I realize it's not necessarily located there.
$100 G's U.S. would take it I bet. Seems a little high maybe. Twin Volvo 8.1's.
Sorry, can't seem to get a direct link, have to scroll down to about the 5th listing.
http://www.lefroyharbour.com/boats-for-sale/brokerage-boats/
"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)

Comments

• Options
    Scroll down a bit, yes, it's the main brokerage page but the listings start about half way down. It's a scroll window within the window so seems like i can't get a direct link. They actually have 3 Rinkers including a sweet looking 280.
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty boat....lottery
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't get another big boat with a single mag 350 again.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll redo their terrible website in trade for that carver.
  • Options
    @J3ff which one? The older 41 or the newer 36? Both nice. IF I ever defect from Rinker it would likely be for a Carver. There's a ton of them around here as a major Carver dealer is just across the bay. Looked at a few Carver's when we got our Rinker but any of the models that fit our budget all had a step over transom entry and the Admiral didn't like that.
  • Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Is the 350mpi underpowered for a 270/280?  Do you have the 300hp flavor?  My brother is looking at boats and he is considering a 270 with a 350 mpi.  I had a 270 with the Volvo 320hp gxi and it was a rocket...
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Here we go again! It seems that about half of us with the 350/5.7 in a 270/280 are happy with it, and the other half want more power. I have found mine more than adequate for our use while being fairly good (in my opinion) on fuel. I had posted a thread last summer with some shots of my dash showing RPM/Speed/Bow attitude here:
    https://rinkerboats.vanillaforums.com/discussion/7758/im-lovin-my-rinker#latest

Edit: and looking back at that thread I see I made a referenced to a top speed of 40mph at 54-5500 RPM. That is obviously a typo, Should be 44-4500 RPM or just about redline for that engine.
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    350 mag 300hp flavor for me.  Does fine with with minimum load...but have a few friends on the boat, coolers ect...it falls short.

I know I know.  We have cruises and shouldn't worry about speed...but ability to plane with ease would be so nice.

I think resale would be better as well.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    Yep, I'll agree with you there. Had 5 on board with two big coolers for a day last summer and it took a bit of maneuvering to get on plane. But 90% of the time it's just the Admiral and me, sometimes our daughter and with 3 of us and a day's worth of provisions it's fine. 
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the 280EC with the 6.2MPI and I am happy with it. It has 320HP. Would I be happy with a big block, yes. Was it available on the boat that I bought, no. The only time I had an issue getting on plane was with 6 adults and 6 kids. It took forever to get on plane. That was one time in the first 4 seasons of owning the boat that I wish I had the big block.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing those famed Hill Marine 4 blade props would probably help you guys, no?  I suppose that's always a fall back for him if he doesn't like the performance.
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a feeling we're going to get a couple more success stories about them soon ;)