Options

Waxing/Polishing without water

WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
No running water available where my boat is blocked for the winter. I did have it pressure washed last fall and the hull is relatively clean if slightly tea stained below the water line. I'd like to use a wax or
maybe a polish with PTEF to seal the hull (not painted) and shine up the areas above the water line. I'm OK with the little bit of tea staining below the water line. No water, no problem?

"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the staining just use some hull cleaner (It’s an acid) it will wipe right off. I use Starbrite with PTEF, good stuff.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    aero3113 said:
    For the staining just use some hull cleaner (It’s an acid) it will wipe right off. I use Starbrite with PTEF, good stuff.
    Use an acid base cleaner with no water to rinse? I'd be nervous.....
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn’t be a problem but I don’t have water either so I use garden sprayers to wash the hull. I do have access to a large wash basin, just can’t run a hose 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Doesn't look like it's available in Canada. And yeah, the whole no water thing.....
  • Options
    Dude_HimselfDude_Himself Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    Garden sprayer filled from the spigot nearby (but no hose access) and a 1 and 5 gallon bucket (for rinsing the compounding/buffing pads). Hose is nice, but doing it right is almost a dry process (too wet and you end up with a boat covered in overspray that is just as unattractive).
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    you can also use FSR without water.  You just rub it on like wax, then towel off.  It'll take that stain right off.  Little more expense than muratic acid, but you won't have the strong vapors and can do without water.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express