Options

PlasDECK Coolteak

JPCJPC Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
Can anyone provide feedback on Coolteak by PlasDECK?  We are interested in it for the swim platform and cockpit on our 342.  For our dog I like the lower temperature on his (and our) feet and the much harder composition of the product.

We were at the Miami Boat show this year and picked up multiple samples of flooring.  Most we could destroy with fingernails but the Plasdeck held up very well when I vigorously tried to scratch it with a screwdriver.  

Comments

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am in the polymer compounding industry and we’ve looked at simmar technology for composite decking. It is very interesting technology. The data I saw said that it would keep the surface 10 degrees cooler which I don’t think is a big enough difference, but coolteak advertises 25 degrees cooler which is significant. Surface thickness could be the reason for the large difference. Either way, pretty “cool”!!! We replaced all of the deck teak on my dads sailboat with plasteak (not cool) and it is awesome. I’m sure their coolteak is just as nice. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)