Options

2002 / 342 AC Power to Hot Water Tank

MaxtoutMaxtout Member Posts: 11
No power to hot water tank. Pulled out DSR panel and breaker has power to it. No power at tank. took cord off at tank and installed a short power cord that I plugged into another outlet, Hot water tank works great. Is there a splice between breaker and tank? I know the wire on breaker is RED and no RED wire coming out on tank end connection.

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the wire come out of the fire wall direct to the heater? I think there is a plug or something. Need to look at mine
  • Options
    I have traced wire leaving tank and goes across to port side and looks to heads under floor going towards bath and breaker panel.
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be a connection/plug where the A/C wire goes to the hot water tank. There have been other posts about this corroding from water. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    There should be a black square cord cap and connector. It gets rusty. You can remove it and just crimp a butt connector on them and heat shrink it........ Just say'n
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Will this connecting plug be at tank end or breaker end of wire? I will check this out. Thanks you guys for your help. Also having to replace gimbal ring, will motor need to come out?
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    The cord caps are right  near the hot water heater......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com