looking to upgrade my sleeping comfort.
what is everyone getting to go over the existing foam made out of carboard lol

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay in a hilton. RLMAO
  • Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Well my wife is preggo again and yes she would love that option no matter what boat we have 
  • Options
    I am selling it this summer and she is all in on a nice 342 or 340 dancer 
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    We replaced both the front and back pads in our 280 with a 4 inch topper that was half dense foam and half memory foam.  Bought 2 queen toppers with that mix and cut them to size with an electric knife.  The hard part was making new covers.  My wife took the existing covers apart, kept the bottoms (plastic with zippers) and sewed on new tops (Tommy Bahama pattern from JoAnns) that allowed for the thicker foam.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    zaverin1 said:
    You should get a nice 342 with diesels.
  • Options
    zaverin1 said:
    You should get a nice 342 with diesels.
    Dunno about down there, but diesels add some serious $$ to the price tag of a boat up here.  

• Options
    So what's mine worth up there???
  • Options
    Dude_HimselfDude_Himself Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    If the wife is preggo's what's the bed for?

:D 
  • Options
    So we can use and sleep on the boat lol
  • Options
    One of my customers just got a Chris craft with 6cylinder yanmars and zf  transmissions.

• Options
    I want to say 340hp each 
  • Options
    zaverin1 said:
    One of my customers just got a Chris craft with 6cylinder yanmars and zf  transmissions.

Ooooo la la
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    Is she a side-sleeper?  4" memory foam.  Happy wife, happy life, and it scarcely matters how you sleep. 
  • Options
    Ye going to checkout foam factory here in mi
    have them cut it for me
    i am thinking she will be happy with 4inch top
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what's mine worth up there???
    Honestly no more than down there because it will be obvious to anyone up here that the boat came from salt. If your boat had never seen salt and is a diesel 342 then you probably could get a 10-15% premium here for the FW diesel. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    edited April 2018
    zaverin1 said:
    have them cut it for me
    Yep, we have 4” between two foam toppers up in the v birth and it made a huge difference. Electric knife made it easy to cut but I’ve done it with a bread knife and that was pretty easy too. 

• Options
    zaverin1 said:
    have them cut it for me
    Yep, we have 4” between two foam toppers up in the v birth and it made a huge difference. Electric knife made it easy to cut but I’ve done it with a bread knife and that was pretty easy too. 
    If I put a 4 inch topper on top of the existing V berth cushions there would be little space between them and the ceiling.   It's already a bit of a climb to get up there. 

• Options
    Po had a custom built step that gave you a little lift into to the v berth

ye salt water boats being closed or open cooler are not valued differently here in fresh water 
  • Options
    The V berth on the 280 wasn't as high as the 342.  I considered steps for the dog because she likes to be up there with us.  But cringe when she jumps down.  

• Options
    Stodge said:
    The V berth on the 280 wasn't as high as the 342.  I considered steps for the dog because she likes to be up there with us.  But cringe when she jumps down.  
    Our dog jumps from the bed, to the shelf in front of the tv, to the dinette seat, to the floor to get down. She is only 11 lbs though so there is room. Hasn’t figured out how to get up yet though. 

• Options
    Stodge said:
    Our dog jumps from the bed, to the shelf in front of the tv, to the dinette seat, to the floor to get down. She is only 11 lbs though so there is room. Hasn’t figured out how to get up yet though. 
    I've tried to get ours to do something like that but she just goes from V berth to floor.  She's 13 lbs and fine boned.  Noticed her limping the other day and I think it was from jumping off our dining room table (which is "gathering height").  Still trying to figure out how she got up there.  

• Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 879 ✭✭✭
    Liberty, Do I understand you correctly that you have the 4" stock mattress, then a 4" foam, then 2 foam toppers?  How thick is each topper?

We're in the process of deciding what to add to our V-berth on the 330.
  • Options
    Prob po was short lol
    i remover the step
  • Options
    Spyderweb said:
    Liberty, Do I understand you correctly that you have the 4" stock mattress, then a 4" foam, then 2 foam toppers?  How thick is each topper?

We're in the process of deciding what to add to our V-berth on the 330.
    Hi Spyder,

i have ave the standard foam mattress that came from the Rinker factory. Then I have a 1” foam topper, then I have a 3” foam topper. So, total of 4” above the factory foam mattress. You need a king size topper. 

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Stodge said:
    Stodge said:
    I've tried to get ours to do something like that but she just goes from V berth to floor.  She's 13 lbs and fine boned.  Noticed her limping the other day and I think it was from jumping off our dining room table (which is "gathering height").  Still trying to figure out how she got up there.  
    Ha, she sounds ambitious! Our morkie has little legs and breaking one scared the heck out of me so for $31 a month I got doggie healthcare. If you told me two years ago that I’d have a dog, was posting about her on this site, and was forking over money for healthcare for her I would have laughed in your face.