Options

Thieves

BayrunnerBayrunner Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
Can you believe these two jerks broke into our marina - Porters Seneca Marina and stole batteries of the boats in the water.  They took 27  batteries. IDIOTS!!!

Bayrunner -- FV312 - Simple Pleasure

Comments

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take them on a special boat ride with special shoes.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They get caught??
  • Options
    Got their tag and all!
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horrible! Does the marina have personnel on the grounds for security besides the cameras?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,548 mod
    Boats in the water?  That's 27 separate counts of breaking and entering.  
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the heck do they want 27 batteries in various states of age? Heck, half of them might not be worth a darn!
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now batteries are going for $8 each at the scrap yard. That's a hard way to earn $216.

We just had someone steal a jet ski dock at our marina. They paddled it down the river with a 20MPH up river wind and river temps at 45* with no life jackets on. They used 2 decking boards as paddles. It's amazing what people will steal. @LaRea , you are correct on the counts. Three years ago we had a bunch of kids break in to 30 boats at our marina in the summer during the week. They were caught on camera. Out of the three of them, 2 admitted to the crimes and one fought it. The one that fought it ended up taking a plea because he was going to be charged with 30 counts of breaking and entering a home. The DA considered all of the cruisers as a second home. He thought that he was going to get away with it and be let off easy, but that didn't happen.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    We lost 27 Yamaha outboards in one weekend all around the area. Most of them end up in Cuba
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    The docks in Chicagoland at least lake michigan are all gated and you need either a keycode or card to gain access
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    dalekdalek Member Posts: 259 ✭✭✭
    I was told a story by a dockmate about a fellow boater who was berthed at Bristol and wanted to move his boat overland to a different marina. There was a sign on his marina gate advertising a boat carrier, which he rang and arranged to get the boat lifted and moved. The carriers duly showed up to meet him at the agreed date and the boat was loaded aboard their transport.
    He never saw the boat again.
    False plates on the lorry, phone disconnected.
    Moreover, as he willingly assisted the brigands and gave them the keys, his insurance refused to pay.
    The same bloke that told me this story also told me that he caught a cod so big that they needed the 20 ton boatlift to get it out of the water.
    May be just a story, but it wouldn't surprise me either way.
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    A few years ago at my Yacht Club during the winter someone/crew came by boat and stole the entire electrical service that fed our docks including the cables that went to each dock Hubble. Cut the main 3 phase feeds while still live. Well over $100K to replace. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    The marina where I bought my boat from last year they came in by boat in March  broke in and stole 6 outdrives that were stored inside for the winter