Options

VVM fault codes

onislandtimeonislandtime Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
Boat is in the water!! I get these faults. What do the codes mean in Mercruiser language? The trim position I believe is associated to the trim gauge is showing half way up when the drives are actually completely down. The drives were pulled for service this year so the puck must have been moved.

Comments

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to have the digital trim connected to SmartCraft for the trim to work. Tank sensor is the fuel tank level. You need the analog to digital adapter to get that to work. Pitot rube is for a speed sensor. You can ignore those codes in the app. Nothing is wrong. I got the same 3 codes when I connected mine up. I just ignored them. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    @Cableguy Greg mine is a 2004 are there adapters for the year of my boat? I have been told that some info is not available for that year.
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you use the adapters, you will loose the analog gauges on your dash. The digital trim is a connector by the transom of the boat. It might not be available for your year engine. The fuel gauge adaptor should be available. Others have installed it, but I have not. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a 2003 get the same codes just installed the vvm but haven’t launched yet also I want to thank  everyone on here for letting me know I needed the yellow terminator plug 
  • Options
    @GMSLITHO the VVM is awesome but there is a learning curve to it and no where does Mercruiser have a video or youtube to walk through the features and actually how to use the features. If you know a manual or video that details the working of VVM let me know. 

• Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    I’ll look maybe someone who has been using it for a while can post something