3M Caulk

jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
hey guys I need to fill some screw holes on my deck but I want to use the 3M caulk that will not yellow from UV light but I can’t remember the type! Can someone help me out? LOL 
Boat Name: Knot A Worry
2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3

Comments

  • bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sealing screws or are you just filling holes? If you are filling holes that will have no screws you should epoxy the holes at the very least, not just caulk, and then if you want it to be pretty the Rinker gelcoat match kits from spectrum are super easy to use. Usually I just caulk in fake screws with finish washers when I have screw holes to deal with.
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, 3M4000 and it is rated for above and below the waterline.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes" (Sold)
    2022 Cherokee 294GEBG Black Label land yacht. 
    Go Steelers!!!
  • jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Any suggestions on how you get old marine caulk off textures fiberglass? I changed my nav light and it’s a way different design and have the old caulk left over. 
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have had good results with this:
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Goof-Off-8-oz-Foam-and-Caulk-Remover-FG675/204046250

    Haven't used it on a boat, but have on vinyl siding with good results and no apparent damage to the siding.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    I’ll give that a try!
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
Sign In or Register to comment.