Options

260EC props

Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
I am wondering what props are the 260EC owners that have the 350MAG/B3 combo are running on their boats. A friend of mine has 20's on his and I was curious to see if that is what others have on theirs.
2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
Go Steelers!!!

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Post edited by Cableguy Greg on
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Bueller... Bueller...
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Mike_GMike_G Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    Hey.. Sorry, I just saw this.  I'll check it out next time I hit the marina.

Whatever pitch they are, my boat runs better than expected based on other people's comments.  My only complaint is that it'll turn 5400RPM at WOT with just me and light on fuel (44mph speedo, 41.7GPS).  It might be a little under propped, but with 6 full size adults, it planes with 60% tabs and drive down.. everyone in their seats and still cruises at ~28mph (but again high.. at ~4000RPM).

The fuel economy is awesome.  I am definitely spoiled by it.

-=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC

• Options
    Mike_GMike_G Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    So.. I FINALLY remembered to take a look at my props.  I've noticed something different about my prop setup than the boat on the rack next to me.  I'll post my setup and see if anyone thinks there is something strange.

Front prop (the one towards the front of the boat): 20P 4-blade
    Rear prop (the 2nd prop to be installed during assembly): 20P 3-blade

I didn't measure the diameters, but it seems like the "front" prop is also a larger diameter.  I can't tell for sure.  I am going to bring a tape measure next time.

This seems perfect for this boat/power combo (350MAG/Bravo3/No arch, AC or Gen).

-=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC