Options

270 aft curtain

laureniac1laureniac1 Member Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
I just had an aft curtain made for my 2005 270! It is amazing and goes on way faster than the 5 rear campers top attachments. It makes the boat way more usable! I was so tired of crawling under the low cover and camper top has WAY to many pieces.

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much? That may be a fun option to add.. 
  • Options
    Aft curtain $1,100.00 and I got two new side windows $500.00. That includes waterproofing 
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭
    I see you have a horn on the cabin top I was thinking about doing that .I don't like the sound of the stock horn and its not very loud 
  • Options
    cassiolacassiola Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Looks good, I've been thinking about this also. I don't even take the back camper pieces out of storage anymore... never use them.
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Funny you guys talking about not using your camper and I'm looking to add the camper top.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    cassiolacassiola Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    I found it felt like a greenhouse when first getting to the boat on hot days. Then it shrunk a little and I started swearing when trying to put it up at the end of the day. Had a boat cover made and it's so much easier.
    I do think about it at the beginning and end of the season on those cooler evenings...
  • Options
    Camper have just way to many pieces and I always struggled with them. The aft curtain really is the best of both worlds because you can still enter the boat standing up and close it up and still stand 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,573 mod
    skennelly said:
    Funny you guys talking about not using your camper and I'm looking to add the camper top.

Funny, my last two boats (240 and 310) we always used the camper top.  It made the boat feel larger and since we went to boat ran or shine, it helped a lot when getting on the boat in bad weather.  Of course now, with hard top, we just have the eisenglass off of that.  When it gets warmer, we have this vinyl stuff that goes up in place of all the glass.  It makes it quick easy to put up/take down and not deal with glass.  Everyone has their own thing, and whatever works to get you out on the boat! :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it depends on the size boat? On our 270 it felt like the livable space doubled st the marina as we always sit in the cockpit area\ being closed in felt a little more private - tv and a fan!
  • Options
    gackgack Member Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    I love the camper top on my 270FV.  Had a 250FV previously and the deck was useless on overnighters without it.  Camper top doubles the useable space.  Then again I’m usually topless during day outings.