What kind of props?

Jason23Jason23 Member Posts: 15
Hello,

I've changed the Sterdrive from Bravo3X (ratio: 2.00) to Bravo1X (ratio: 1.5). On the Bravo3X I had 28 pitch propeller. What kind propeller would you recommend to attach to the new Strendrive to fit best maximum speed and acceleration?
P. S. Engine MAG 496 ****

Thank you very much!

Comments

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Alswagg might be able to answer for you.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    So you went from a duo-prop to a single prop? Why??
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭
    What boat do you have, and why the switch?  Bravo3 is by far superior for acceleration out of the hole 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lake_Bum said:
    What boat do you have, and why the switch?  Bravo3 is by far superior for acceleration out of the hole 
    Weird he went from a B3 to B1? Do they even make a B1??? With all due respect a B2 with a 4 blade prop gets my boat on plane in about 6 seconds
    Handy I agree. The Bravo 2 is pretty "beefy". 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    raybo3 said:
    Holy $hit Batman I agreed with the Handyman........ What is this world coming too????
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are just conning to your senses
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    raybo3 said:
    raybo3 said:
    Holy $hit Batman I agreed with the Handyman........ What is this world coming too????

Wow, something I agree with also!  Of course I have the B-2s with the 4 blades and it gets on plane very quickly.  But not sure why you would put a B-1 in replacement of a B-3.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a B1 attached to a 390 HP engine that ran my Rinker at 70 MPH (gaffrig gps speedo) a B3 would have had trouble at that speed and forget about a B2 IMO.
  • Jason23Jason23 Member Posts: 15
    Michael T said:
    I had a B1 attached to a 390 HP engine that ran my Rinker at 70 MPH (gaffrig gps speedo) a B3 would have had trouble at that speed and forget about a B2 IMO.
    What kind is Your Props?
  • Jason23Jason23 Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2018
    Well, there was some kind of misunderstanding between the insurance company, the mechanic and me. 
    As Alswagg says, my mechanic also said that the B1 is more suitable for speeds (over 60 MPH) than B3.
    It's just important to choose the right propeller, so as not to suffer gets on plane. 
    So, what type of propeller have you put on B1 with MAG 496 H/O (425 PS)?
    P.S. My boat is Rinker 246 Captiva.
    Post edited by raybo3 on
  • 69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 948 ✭✭✭
    I know some of our local prop shops have loaner props they’ll let you try, in order to find the right one for you. It may be worth asking around to see if like that exsists newr you.