Options

Did Something Very Stupid

raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
I dropped something on my glass top 2 burner stove and broke the glass top. Anyone know where to get a new one and about how much it goes for? 
2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch! These are pretty standard if you look up 2 burner electric stoves. Make sure it will work on 120vac though. Mine is a Kenyon model Caribbean 2-burner.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Their phone: 860-664-4906

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Thanks BD. Will call tomorrow.....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    bat32bat32 Member Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    Hey Ray, if it helps it wasn't stupid. It was boating.  :D Frustrating  as **** but we all do it and that's why we have come to expect answers here.  Everytime I feel like I have done something completely stupid I askhere and always feel better.  You know better then most of us!

• Options
    Thanks for the kind words bat but I was just putting something up on the shelf and I dropped it. Felt like an a$$ and it pi$$ed me off...lol. I will repair it as soon as I get the glass....
  • Options
    BoatAwayBoatAway Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    just remember... it's a good problem to have (owning a boat that has stuff to break)
  • Options
    PartsManPartsMan Member Posts: 246 ✭✭✭
    I pulled my stove and replaced with a cutting board (we'll never cut on it). Just for the reason of worrying about breaking it.
  • Options
    Hey PM that looks awesome but I have used my stove a couple of times although it a pain in the a$$ to cook on...
  • Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod

PartsMan,

Now that is very nice!!!

Mark

Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    Did you break the bottle when it hit the range top  ;;) :D=))

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    Boomer I wish it was the bottle that broke. LOL **** that big bottle of Grey Goose is heavy....
  • Options
    My stove top work decent, my PITA is that the whole sink/cooktop/frig/ etc was installed out of plumb so everything rolls/slides aft.  I keep pondering how to fix this (you can see how far off it is from the head and the front shelves on my 342) - I would need to raise the aft end almost 1.5 inches to get it plumb.  Anyone else have this issue?

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    gslprogslpro Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    Black Diamond, just point your bow downhill.
    Gary and Diane
    290 FV Nauti Bonnie
  • Options
    Capt RonCapt Ron Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    BD my boat does that as well. I don't think they got the angle at rest right... always finding pools of water in the corners of the tops in the galley and the head.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    I will say going from the 310 to the 400, our stove is now sunk in a bit which allows for a nice matching corian cover to keep things from hitting it.  It also allows to use that part as a counter when not using the stove.  Since you are redoing the glass, maybe you could look into sinking it?

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Humm I will look into that. Nice idea....Thanks
  • Options
    Replaced the broken glass today. Whole job took about 1/2 hour. The glass was $90 plus shipping $15. Looks as good as new. BTW the people at Kenyon were very nice to deal with. Thanks for the phone number BD...
  • Options
    Most welcome. :D

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree Ray. The Kenyon guys were a great example of what customer service should be when I had the 8y/o stove on my last boat re-built by them. They volunteered to rebuild it for free if I paid the shipping which I did and then they surprisingly shipped it back at their cost. Awesome company. Glad you had as good an experience as I did.....now secure those rum bottles better :ar!
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    Tiki Kenyon was really awesome to deal with BTW it was a Grey Goose bottle....lol True story I dropped it right on the stove. Bottle did not break....lol
  • Options
    RWBLACK6RWBLACK6 Member Posts: 36 ✭✭

While on subject  of broken glass; When working in engine room with certain tools, I protect the glass tops of seawater strainers. Dont want to accidently break those.