Options

Help! No Power to Cabin switch lights, trim tabs, and Ship to shore radio!

Jasball2Jasball2 Member Posts: 4
I have a 1999 Fiesta Vee 242. For whatever reason, all the dome cabin lights with switch at the base as well as bathroom light will not work. Used multimeter and there is no power coming to lights. In addition, my trim tabs and shore radio also are getting no power.  I pulled the dash open but can’t find anything loose?  None of the breakers popped. Am I missing where some fuses may be?  

Comments

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be a bad battery.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Both batteries are fully charged at 99%.  All other electronics work, as well as lights. could a corroded negative post on the battery cause just certain things not to work?

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    How many wires are attached to your batteries?  After 19 years, you might have some connections that weren't born there.  Check them all, and make sure they are tight.  Some might have in-line fuses you could check.  The tabs and VHF radio both get power from the main harness that goes to the helm.  
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    Oh - welcome to the forum!
  • Options
    there is only one positive and one negative per battery.  So the main harness would be the black tubing- I'm assuming that goes to the dual battery switch and goes from there?  I'll have to check the switch tomorrow and look for a fuse.

Thanks!  Glad to be here
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    So, I'm happy to report that I took the dash panel out again, and noticed through all of the bundles of wires that the ground wire was just barely hanging off of the 12V breaker.  Clipped it on and Voila!  Power!  Now of course, while doing this, I inadvertently pulled the wire off of my GPS and now thats out!  My new question is this- If I re-attach a clamp on the end of the wire, can I just run it to an open spot on the ignition switch?  I can't find where it was originally hooked up for power.
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looked closely at your connections at the other switches. One of the connectors may have a piggy back hook up on it. They can be hard to see sometimes.

2008 330EC