Options

PDF Owners Manuals for 2005 342 FV?

glshoemakerglshoemaker Member Posts: 25
Hooray!  I'm the proud new owner of an outstanding Tinker 342 Fiesta Fee, and it's going to be quite a "learning curve" to figure out all the systems and details!  Some information came with the boat, but it would be terrific to have a copy of the original 2005 Owners Manual/Instruction Books in PDF format.  

Can anyone provide this?  Just trying to avoid mistakes and disasters before they appear.... Thanks muchly!

Answers

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There really is no ‘owners manual’ per se for the boat. Just a collection of all the manuals for the working parts: engines, drives, electronics, gen set.  

Worth getting a service book for your engines. The gen set bulletins are posted up on here and definately worth having!

great boat!  Welcome aboard. Ask away on Q’s. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!! Enjoy your new ride.

And welcome aboard.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    Not much I can add to BD's comments.  Feel free to ask questions here and welcome to the forum!  The 342 is a great boat and many owners on here!  Only boat in it's size that has the separate shower in the head!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations!!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Thanks for kind greetings into the Forum!  I appreciate the comments, and will continue my "education" into the wonderful world of 342 FV boating!  I'll be cruising on a terrific Alabama Lake, called Lake Logan Martin, one of the series of lakes on the Coosa River.  Best-kept secret in the South!
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @glshoemaker and congrats on a fine boat. I'm jealous. Currently in a 270 but the 342 is on my retirement wish list in about 5 years.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,548 mod
    Welcome, and congrats on buying one of the best boats on the water!  This forum has a lot to teach if you visit regularly.  Plus, we're a social and fun-loving bunch. 

But the manual won't do much for you.  The level of detail is kinda like:  Your new Rinker is equipped with "engines" that run on "fuel."   
  • Options
    bella-vitabella-vita Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    Congrats,love are 342 it’s an awesomely Boat.
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • Options
    Thanks, ya'll!  (That's how we send good vibes from the heart of Dixie...hahaha!)
    I had to smile when I saw LaRea's comment about the level of detail.  I guess we all have to mix "official guidance" along with good-old common sense to make sure our boats are all A-OK!
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you buy it from Norwalk, CT? Just curious.. :) 
  • Options
    No, I really lucked out, and acquired this pristine 2005 FV from a friend here in the northern Atlanta area. It's been cruising Lake Allatoona for a few years, and I never thought he'd part with it.  Timing is everything, since he's decided to get a bigger boat--- sound familiar?
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, awesome!! Timing is everything for sure!! for you!! :) nice man
  • Options
    And, he's offered to teach me how to drive this formidable watercraft, plus tutor me on all the electrical/plumbing/interior/exterior equipment... this 2005 model was his baby, and he want's to make sure I know what I'm doing--- Hah, that's a major challenge, for sure.  But how many other sellers are willing to invest that kind of time and expertise to their buyer?