Options

Slight list to port side

laker83laker83 Member Posts: 11
05 270 has slight list. No water underneath, both water tank and waist tank empty.. anyone know what could cause this?

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weight distribution. Try to move some items that you store in the cabin. If that doesn't help you can move one or both of your batteries to the opposite side.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A common issue on a 270. As suggested try moving things around. The galley on the port side adds some weight. There's some great storage at the starboard side of the aft cabin for items needed less frequently. 
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    laureniac1laureniac1 Member Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
    Laker83 search the threads the 270 is a leaner lol! Check my past posts it leans. The only why to balance it out is to fill your fresh water holding tank. I usually fill it half way ish to correct the lean. No need to fill entire tank just adds unnecessary weight. We have water at the dock.
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 3 batteries on my STBD side - when the water tank is empty there's a BIG lean to that side, but fill up the water tank and it's good till it's 1/2 empty.. actually helps me to know when to refill :) 
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 280EC lists to port as well. I have the fresh water tank and 3 batteries on that side. I am going to move one of my house batteries to the starboard side to help even things out. Unfortunately I won't be able to connect them in parallel the Forum way when I do that.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!