Options

Care of Cherry Floors

SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 880 ✭✭✭
I have the Cherry and Holly floor in my new to me 2008 330.  1st time with wood floor.  I'm concerned about care of it.  Do I need to be concerned about every little drop of water being wiped up right away because it will leave a water spot?  We do have people in and out of the water all the time, so it's going to happen

The floor is has the oil finish, not polyurethane.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,568 mod
    You should wipe up any liquids, but it's not like you have to immediately swoop in with a towel.  Water can sit for a little while and not leave spots.  Chronic water will cause damage for sure.

I wipe mine down with Murphy's Oil Soap 3-4 times a year.  Pour it on a rag, rub it in, buff with a dry microfiber towel.  I'm sure there are other methods too.
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    I used to use teak oil on my deck floors 
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with LR, I wipe up water as soon as I can. Good to clean and re coat here and there to protect 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    Yep, I agree with LaRea too.  Coming from the Midwest, I've always been a huge fan of something called Milsek.  It is just fantastic on wood!  Makes my kitchen cabinets look like new!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Is Murphy's Oil Soap just a cleaner or a protectant too? For example, after applying it, would you see water droplets bead up more?  
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,568 mod
  • Options
    LaRay, Yes I just saw Alswagg's response on another thread about using virgin mineral oil, same as what's used on butcher block.  I think I'll try that too.  Thanks.