Options

AC impellar location

jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
Been meaning to check/change my impeller on my AIR heat pump for a couple seasons now but always forget. Is the impeller located on the actual unit itself or is it in the bilge by the seacock and strainer? Just curious
Boat Name: Knot A Worry
2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no impellor to check. The pump is located by the seacock. Nothing to wear per se, and nothing serviceable. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like BD stated, it's just a pump located under the stairs. There is a strainer, but that's about it.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Ye just a pump 
    if it goes bad your replace the pump
    you might have a inline filter but or strainer that might be serviceable.
    beadies the engines only other onboard equipment with a sea strainer would be your gen
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    Yep, and they aren't cheap to replace either.  I believe they have a porcelain impeller in them.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    jhofmannjhofmann Member Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    Yea, they sit below the waterline, and usually dont need to be primed. While underway, water is forced into the strainer, and if the clear plastic cover is cracked, it will flood your boat. I know this from personal expierence.
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Pump is in the mid bilge. Should be under your mid berth mattress by the seacock. The pump is actually made for water feature fountains, lol. But works well in this application. It's a fairly simple duty, so you shouldn't have to replace anything unless there's a reason why it broke (like not draining the line and breaking due to freezing).
    Post edited by raybo3 on

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    make sure the ac filter is clean
    if you have strainer b4 the pump...make sure it is clean
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Thanks guys. I was just curious as I have never remembered to take a look at it!
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3