Options

Trim actuator came loose from trim tab.

machboatmachboat Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
Hi everyone, My trim actuator has come loose from my trim tab. I think the corner tie down pulled it loose when I didn't have the boat perfectly centered on the trailer last time I loaded it. Has this happened to anyone and if so were you able to reinsert it or did you have to replace it? FYI I have new anodes ordered.

Comments

• Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    That looks like hydraulic
    so yes it will need to be replaced
    or if it’s electric same thing 
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like the actuator shaft is a press fit onto the plastic mount on the tab, you might be able to fix it.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    howardramshowardrams Member Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    A typical electric Lenco actuator.  Odd that they made it so the shaft just presses into the fitting on the end that looks like its plastic.  Try popping it back it with some epoxy on it.
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Replace.  It's probably freeze damage caused by a leak that allowed water in.  The water froze and expanded, and that's why the end popped off.  If the actuator still works at all, it won't for long.  
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Mine was nine years old when it happened.  Yours is 12 years old, so a fail is not surprising, although many of them last much longer.  
  • Options
    machboatmachboat Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Fixed it.It took several tries but finally got it lined up and popped back in. I used a small hydraulic jack to pop it back in. I thought about drilling a small hole for a pin or bolt to go clear through but since it seems secure, I think I will quit while I am ahead. All pressure is up on it so it should stay in place. Thanks for all the comments.
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .....remember when replacing the ram to put the shims in the same location.