Options

Hour Meter

DaNYMuzikManDaNYMuzikMan Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
I have a 2003 Rinker Fiesta vee 250 and I had a brand new engine was just installed,  The new engine is a Merc 383 Mag Bravo 4V, 350 HP.  I would like to replace the hour meter to reflect the hours on the new engine.  I called Merc and they advised me to reach out to the boat manufacturer.

Please help.

Thank you. 
DaNYMuzikMan

Best Answer

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The gauges should be Faria gauges. You could send it back to them and have them reset it. What some people with new engines do is document the hours on the gauge when the new engine went into service so when you sell the boat you can show the new owner what the difference is. A surveyor with a scan tool will be able to see the hours. You could change the tach to a Merc Smartcraft gauge and that would show the current engine hours. You could also get VesselView Mobile for your boat and that shows the hours as well.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!

Answers

• Options
    Here is a picture of the current hour meter.
    DaNYMuzikMan
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Thank you very much Greg, I really appreciate the answer.  Where would I purchase the "Merc Smartcraft Gauge"?
    DaNYMuzikMan
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    The gauges should be Faria gauges. You could send it back to them and have them reset it. What some people with new engines do is document the hours on the gauge when the new engine went into service so when you sell the boat you can show the new owner what the difference is. A surveyor with a scan tool will be able to see the hours. You could change the tach to a Merc Smartcraft gauge and that would show the current engine hours. You could also get VesselView Mobile for your boat and that shows the hours as well.
    Post edited by DaNYMuzikMan on
    DaNYMuzikMan
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    You could also get new tech from Great lakes skipper should be about 150 greatlakesskipper.com/faria-silver-black-4000-rpm-diesel-boat-tachometer-gauge
    Not the write one but you get my point
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct