Options

Garage find, Non Rinker

randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
  I'm a big fan of aluminum boat's when it come's to fishing' and Starcraft are built in my home state. This ole boat was in a ole guy's garage had not been used in years, it is a 1995. in my younger years I was an avid fisherman, now slowing down , moving back into fishing. Been working on the ole beater for about 3 weeks now. And have it ready to go.

The most interesting part of the story is the impeller. The water impeller worked . But I decided to change it, not having the knowledge of the last time it was changed. It was the original 1995 was stamped on it.  And it still worked fine. We have all been told to change impellers,  every two years. which I've always done. Kinda make's ya wonder, who started that idea. 

Boat Name : 

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    edited May 2018
    Nice looking boat!  Lots of fun to be had there!  As far as the impeller, I've had good luck on outboards lasting a long time on impellers. But, I've seen the I/O type, particularly the kind that have it on the engine inside (ie B-3 style) not last far into the 3rd season.  I help two dock neighbors this year change theirs after 2 years and they had cracks in them.  The winter layup is just hard-on them.  I haven't seen that with outboard motors.  Maybe it's because they sit more indoors in the winter?
    Post edited by raybo3 on

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with Dreams comments on outboards. I had twin evinrude 150s and after 5+ summers the impellers looked new still. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, good luck with it!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go back to work
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fish on!!
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct