Options

Rinker 310 Wire Routing

RubenRuben Member Posts: 2
All, quick question on a 2002 Rinker 310 Cruiser. I'm looking to add some electrical gadgets to the new to me boat, namely an upgrade to the Stereo and wired remotes and a Sub up top and likely some lighting wired to the helm. All of that is very much in my wheel house, with one large exception... how do I get wires routed from the Helm to the cabin? I guess what I'm asking is for all of you who seem to have easily wired in an amplifier in the cabinet down stairs, how did you get the speaker wiring up to the speakers on deck? I've not found a way to see where all the cables in the factory harness cross from the cabin to the deck. Can I get a fish tape in under the port next to the helm to reach back into the cabin behind the head, and where to go after that? First project is a new cable for the marine remote that is at the helm, it's got to connect to the head unit down above the table on the port side of the boat. I have no idea on length either. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Welcome aboard.

I don't know about the 310, but the 342 has a nice opening on the starboard side that is a couple inches above the cockpit deck.  In my case I have to remove the sub-woofer at the helm to see that spot.  Down below it's behind the hanging closet.  Its possible that there is a similar opening in the 310.

I'm sure someone with the same boat will chime in.

Best of luck getting the wires run.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    RubenRuben Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Stodge, I'll look for that maybe on the port side... I think the cabins are mirrored between the 310 and the 342 in similar years (I've only been on two 342's briefly). The head is just in front of the helm, and i have an opening there with a twist off lid (good place for a sub) but all is see is the back of the fiberglass that makes up the interior wall of the head. A few cables go forward from there, but I'm not sure where without tearing all the appliances and electrical panel out of the galley. The starboard side is definitely where all the helm wires go back to the engine compartment. Nothing seems to go up the port side from the engines.
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking at some pictures online, it looks like the best route is under the V-berth. There is an AC unit up there, so there has to be a chase somewhere. A fiberglass fish tape is the best thing to use. They usually don't curl like a steel one would do.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just ran my transducer cable from the engine compartment up to the helm with a steel fish tape. It did curl, luckily I was able to kind of straighten it as it went forward. Fiberglass would make things easier.
    2008 330EC