Options

Shift fault

69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 949 ✭✭✭
I've been getting an intermittent shift fault. I may go days without it popping up, and then some days it'll do it frequently. A lot of times I can just shut the boat off and start it back up and not see it again. 

The actual faul on VVMobile says 

1105-6
     Shift fault
     Neutral switch

I'm sure that someone has seen this?  Is it more likely going to be the shift sensor itself, or a cable adjustment? Any other ideas?

350 MAG/Bravo 3

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    I've had it too. There is a switch on the engine that needs adjusted. It can be very sensitive. I've adjusted mine a couple times, it'll go away, then seems to become loose and move. I've thought about using loctite.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    Neutral safety switch had a alarm go off when I ran above 4000 rpm shut off reset and would be ok till I went over 4000 rpm again was a little tough to diagnose 
  • Options
    I know where the switch is. It’s right there beneath where the upper and lower shift cables are on top of the motor. I don’t see an adjustment on the actual switch. Instead it looks like you have to adjust the cables to depress the switch?  I honestly don’t know though. The lower shift cable was replaced 2 years ago, but the upper has never been replaced on an ‘03 with 340ish hours, so I was wondering if the cable could be stretched enough that it’s not allowing it to depress the switch. It looks like it’s about out of adjustment but those shift cables are kind of voodoo to me, so I don’t like messing with them. 

Kind of like @GMSLITHO, a lot times I see this at high power settings, but not always. It seems pretty reproducible if I go to WOT though. 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    edited May 2018
    Mine can be adjusted by loosening the two screws on the switch itself.  Loosen it just a little and see if you can adjust.  It usually does not take much for adjustment.  Mine could be a bit different than yours, because I have DTS (no cables) which only has the short cable to the drive itself.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    I’ll take a closer look and see when I get a chance. Thank you