Options

Difference Fiesta Vee - Express Cruiser (older Rinkers, 2000-2008ish)

I've seen several listings of either, one of the differences that I've noticed was the built-in fender holders on the Fiesta Vee, while those that were listed as Express Cruiser had flat backs, but the rest looked identical to the according Fiesta Vee model. Ultimately, what exactly is the difference between the Fiesta Vee line and the Express Cruiser line?

thanks!

Comments

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard

Basically it was a name change.  The cruisers were called Fiesta Vee, then they decided to start calling them Express Cruisers.  Style has changed with the market over the years.  Some boats stayed FV and gained or lost the fender holders in the back as years changed.  

So the difference is the name and year the boat was made.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starting in 2007, there were new models that included new hull designs. The 250 Fiesta Vee had a bolt on swim platform was replaced with the 260 Express Cruiser which had a molded in swim platform. The 270 Fiesta Vee/Express Cruiser had a bolt on platform and was replaced with the 280 Express Cruiser with a molded in platform. The interiors were also changed. I believe that the 342 Fiesta Vee was replaced with the 350 Express Cruiser. New hull design as well.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,538 mod
    They were all evolutionary changes.  There's no single set of features that defines an Express Cruiser vs. a Fiesta Vee.  

Great screen name!