Options

Boat Warrantys

melvynmelvyn Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
Do all your new 2013 rinkers now come with full engine warrantys because the 2012 did not

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Whom ever made the engines would be the warranty source, not Rinker.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Your lucky
    Rinker build my boat 2011 and the engine they used Volvo penta was old stock and when I had a promblem I found out the engine was out off warranty before the boat was even sold brand new .Phoned randy Rinker in warranty didn't care any thing about after sales service just said to uk dealer by email after 15 minutesI finally I got him to shut up
    What a boat company not
  • Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caveat Emptor... and a dang shame that we gotta arm ourselves with knowledge before we trust the integrity of a dealer.. My wager is that the dealer was unloading it and hoping you wouldn't make that key inquiry.. I hope you at least got a good deal, Melvyn...
  • Options
     Next new boat deal will not be a rinker as they are a poor company to deal with
    Penney wise pound folish
  • Options
    I'd be talking with Volvo. If the warranty started when the engine was delivered to the builder, almost no one would have a warranty. It should start when delivered.

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    The promblem was damage at the installation stage possibly on drive said Volvo and i and any other sane person would agree but guess what Rinker said it wasn't .Volvo paid for some of repair as good will .Rinker boats where crap and said 2nd owners don't have any transferrable warranty with other issues i had only the hull and they probably bull **** their way out of that also if there's any problems
    Life too short to argue with them for a couple hundred dollars
    I'll be voting with my feet on both counts
  • Options
    So the boat was used then, you being the second owner?

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
  • Options
    Yes 11 months with less than 25 hrs and had Volvo Penta 6 month service and and 1 year carried out by myself and all paper work in place Problem only brought to light at one year service .warranty Aren't worth the paper there wrote on .this
    is a 2012 boat causing many thousands
    4year self life on all Volvo Penta products .Rinker do you not rotate your stock
  • Options
    unikguyunikguy Member Posts: 36 ✭✭

hello melyn

I bought a new 2013 rinker 360ec last year and the warranty only commenced when I took delivery. and I might add, that rinker has been amazing to deal with. no problems whatsoever on my end. all has been taken care of with no problems whatsoever.

their service has been 5 star. and their boat quality is excellent. love it and am enjoying it very much. and to be honest people in my marina still cant believe its a rinker how good looking and well built the boat is.

you should go after Volvo. they should be taking care of you obviously through your dealer.

• Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    Melvyn, sorry you are having trouble but the guys are right. I think you expectations are off center slightly. I am a life time boater and second owner via my rinker.. I bought the boat well out of warrenty and had major issues with the drives. No ones issue but mine. however I followed all maintain to T. Finally with my records in hand I approached VP very professionally and with a high level of respect and in the end they came through. As far as Randy, I have spoken to him three times in 4 years. Never an issue and very respectful. Customer service has been top notch and has always gotten back to me with in 24 hours. My motto is if you start with a smile you generally end with a smile back at ya.

LG. Mark
  • Options
    Randy certainly didn't help me much but very good at mocking me to Cambrian boat sales in the uk. I was never nothing but nice to all of these guys at rinker and vp uk .didn't help my case You guys in USA must get better treatment than us. As soon as I can get rid of it the better and will buy a sealine
  • Options
    unikguy said:

hello melyn

I bought a new 2013 rinker 360ec last year and the warranty only commenced when I took delivery. and I might add, that rinker has been amazing to deal with. no problems whatsoever on my end. all has been taken care of with no problems whatsoever.

their service has been 5 star. and their boat quality is excellent. love it and am enjoying it very much. and to be honest people in my marina still cant believe its a rinker how good looking and well built the boat is.

you should go after Volvo. they should be taking care of you obviously through your dealer.

What year did Rinker take delivery of your engines because if there vp pre 2009 you ain,t covered See if you feel the same if you being ripped off further down the line
  • Options
    melvyn, can we turn this into a discovery?

was the engine pulled by the previous owner and reinstalled incorrectly as a possibility?  Can you prove that is was not? Was the drive dribbled off an obstruction disrupting the alignment? So far, all you have shared is that it was "damage during installation possibly on the drive unit"...

If you share more specific information about what went wrong, maybe the folks here can help you determine if it was in fact a flaw, damage, or mistreatment.. If you can't ascertain specifics, can you detail the symptoms? 

I fully understand your frustration, as I've been there before.. Just last night I ordered a $15 burger that took one and a quarter hour to get served, and it was of some substance similar to paper infused and peppered leather about two inches thick.. point being: we don't always get what we think we're going to get... and that isn't good.. I was sitting in a double tree on the beach (reputable), which should do better than a drive-through (not reputable), so my frustration was warranted.  When buying a relatively high ticket item, surveys by professionals are prudent.  did you have the boat surveyed before you purchased?

Rinker or Volvo can't possibly be responsible for an item after being once removed from the buyer w/o a reputable surveyor documenting the condition prior to purchase, and even then it's going to be fortunate if they do as they simply don't 'have' to do so- unless - you can present a decent case and evidence that it was caused by them, somehow... If you don't mind, please detail the issue with the boat?  If you can provide information to Volvo that you've collected from some of the smarter folks here, and do so in a reasonable manner, you have an opportunity to pursued... that may be a double edged sword, though...

and just an FYI, fwiw- I am a member of another forum where a member collected information from others about a warranty issue.. the member was in the wrong, and trying to defraud the warranty company... He took it all the way to a lawsuit, and you'll never guess what the warranty company walked into the discovery phase with: transcripts.. that member is pretty fortunate he wasn't counter sued...
  • Options
    Ask Randy  .He fill you in
  • Options
    So you're just going to share your opinion here, and allow the facts to be presented by the person who has heard them, and still denied your request for assistance?

You have an interesting strategy.
  • Options
    I think we'd all agree the forum is to find solutions, share experiences and enjoy. We've probably all had our frustrations, but in the end just want input from here to help.

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    hard to help those who are angery... most everyone here has had issues, some small some huge. this forum is here to help and support. but BSing on the brand and people is not to ok here or anywhere, keep that at your own dinner table. so if you want help we are here to support and give you FREE excellent advice... our man cave here is better than most shops! otherwise please dont waste our time. thank you...

LG!
  • Options
    unikguyunikguy Member Posts: 36 ✭✭

My engines are from Mercury Marine and are fully covered. But how long has this boat been around sitting in dealers showroom??

• Options
    hi guys
    out this wk end in my 2011 hull stamped rinker 280 sold brand new feb 2012 by one of rinkers approved dealers  now 30hrs on clock with its factory fitted and manufactured 2008 /2007 volvo d4 300 hp engine and drive  with no volvo  warranty NEVER WAS  half was up before boat was even built then rest expired before sold that RINKER FITTED
      Boat engine cut out several times when  gear changing and evc read danger shift  actuator when coming into berth and then i  near hit another boat then jetty wall from lost of power. Any ideas what what the problem is and how much to fix .All this could have being avoided if i had known about 4 year shelf life on all volvo products that rinker knowingly fitted and then i would have never purchased Never would have thought a large company like rinker  would have used out off date engines in there luxury cruisers. Would have left that to back street dodgy dealers