Options

Gauge problems....

cdarinkercdarinker Member Posts: 7
Hello all, newby to Rinker boats.  Juat picked up a 2007 262 Captiva BR.  Love the boat but I'm having gauge problems.  Depth finder reading 00, trim indicator is all over the place and rarely reads anything at all and the engine tempo gauge doesn't respond.  All minor issues and more annoying than anything but I'm looking for thoughts and ideas.  Or is it just faria gauges in general? I've done a few searches but nothing really gets to the bottom of the problems.  Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clean contacts... Continuity check each wire.. check fuses and breakers.. these things can be easy, or a real pita.. being all of them are wiggy (or most) I bet its a short in your harness somewhere.
  • Options
    cdarinkercdarinker Member Posts: 7
    Forgot one other issue, remote stereo control in dash doesn't work either.  Replaced it with brand new one, but still no go.  So I'm also thinking it could be a short somewhere.  All fuses and breakers check out and inspected contacts and they were clean, I was hoping it would be an easy fix!
  • Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    Hmmmmm... could be a bad ground somewhere. 

Mark
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme