Options

Rinker Boat Co. Sold to Polaris?

JonnyMJonnyM Member Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
"Mosi on Dahn"  2003 Fiesta Vee 270

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod

Well, it certainly looks like Rinker will be part of Polaris.  Thanks for the post and I'll be curious for follow-up.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well there goes the neighborhood
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,546 mod
    Thank goodness the merger will "help deliver synergies and capture opportunities."  I was starting to worry about synergy production at Rinker.  Synergies are so ... synergistic.  
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't they just change hands recently?  It's like the boat building industry is playing hot potato or something.  I thought SeaRay was bought by Kia or Yugo or someone recently too. 

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least there aren't any duplicate lines between the two companies. Hopefully it's a good thing.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    04FV270riverrat04FV270riverrat Member Posts: 268 ✭✭✭
    Stodge said:
    Didn't they just change hands recently?  It's like the boat building industry is playing hot potato or something.  I thought SeaRay was bought by Kia or Yugo or someone recently too. 
    Bennington acquired Godfrey, Hurricane and Rinker in 2015, as well as Polar Kraft
  • Options
    JonnyMJonnyM Member Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully they carry on the Rinker line.  It is obviously Bennington that Polaris wanted but hopefully they can continue Rinker and expand the line.
    "Mosi on Dahn"  2003 Fiesta Vee 270
  • Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    BENNINGTON are nice
    so @stodge =does that mean my buddies sea ray=is now a yugo ray
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    So I heard back from Rinker today. Yes Rinker was part of the sale. This is what I was told............"Polaris Industries acquired Boat Holdings, LLC which includes Rinker, Godfrey, Hurricane, and Bennington.  Boat Holdings will continue to operate as an independent division and we will continue to operate as individual brands within that division.  I expect the additional resources that being part of a Fortune 500 company will have a positive impact across all brands." So maybe this is a good thing and everything will remain as is............ BTW Searay was sold also and in no longer owned by Brunswick......

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bennington cranks out the pontoon's, one of the most popular, higher profit than the other's acquired. At least Polaris is strong enough to keep Rinker going.  
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    Cool!  I guess I own 2 Polaris's now.... or is that Polarii?? 

Mark 
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    Robs_232Robs_232 Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Had a Polaris Sportsman 850 H/O EPS 4 wheeler and it was a heck of a machine. Great Company and rock solid products. They make nice snowmobiles too, however I am still partial to Yamaha sleds. Back to boats! Polaris must see the future in offering a pontoon line as that is the fastest growing segment in boating. Have had friends switch from a pleasure boat to a pontoon in last 2 years.
    Post edited by raybo3 on
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    shawnmjr said:
    That’s a bad quad
    Looks like a Storm Trooper should be on it !!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I see on facebook market place is people who want to trade their boat or jetski's for a pontoon boat. I personally don't get it, but whatever floats your boat!
  • Options
    jhofmannjhofmann Member Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    I have owned Polaris snowmobiles for close to 25 years, and they are an awsome sled. Polaris also owns Indian motorcycles. They had their own line of Victory motorcycles, but dropped the Victory line to focus on Indian. Polaris ATV's are top of the line also. Would love to have a Polaris Ranger, but one can only have so many toys.
  • Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if this site/forum ever comes into question, i need an admin or mod to collect a snapshot of the database... i can launch a new site for us in such a condition.  

i just did it with a college football forum/publisher who was purchased by CBS (former scout.com) and kept us afloat.  i have ample server space and can have a rock solid forum up in a matter of a day or so, and have the capacity to import from vanilla engines.  

just tossing this out as an option- and only if the site/forum is threatened.  
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    212, are you a rocket scientist or something?
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Lol
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    Polaris is publicly traded on the NYSE, ticker symbol PII. So soon we can all own a piece of Rinker I guess. PII is currently $112/share. Here's the CNBC article on the transaction:
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/30/polaris-industries-ceo-calls-new-acquisition-boat-holdings-a-great-business.html

Andy

• Options
    andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭