Options

AC strainer location 330 Express Cruiser

heavyrinkerheavyrinker Member Posts: 2
we had the boat out to install the transponder for our new GPS, after it was put back in the AC is causing an HPF error. One of the suggestions was to clean the AC strainer. I checked the AC unit itself and cannot locate a strainer, neither does it appear to be in the engine compartment. Any suggestions where to look for it?

(also someone said that the AC may need to be primed after it’s been out of the water, any input on that?)

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The strainer will be by the thru hull valve and pump. Probably under your aft sleeping area. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    yes on primed =do you have a good water flow coming out the side....when the ac is on.
    our boat a 270ec=if the boat as been hauled  or  cleaning the strainer =it has to be primed or we take a quick ride and it self primes = our hpf code was water flow problems=bad pump
    but if you were hauled i would try priming and it never hurts to clean the strainer 
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I hear people run the boat at speed to help prime the line.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just loosen the strainer to bleed the air out. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 880 ✭✭✭
    On my 2008 330 the AC strainer is under the port cushion in the aft lounge area.  This is the area behind the steps.