Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stereo speakers

mskpharmdmskpharmd Posts: 40Member ✭✭
hi guys my Rinker 330 on occasion while listening to stereo has only the speakers (four speakers and the big bass woofer)stop working. If I turn of the radio and restart it will sometime go on again and work..then stop playing through those speakers... Sammy idea how I can track down the issue? I’m not an electrical genius so any help is appreciate.
thanks 

Comments

• F1100F1100 Lake SimcoePosts: 240Member ✭✭✭
    I assume you have a amp? check the voltage output at the terminals of the amp... check the fuse, is the amp on?
    1993 300 FIESTA VEE TWIN 5.7L ALPHA GEN 2
  • WillhoundWillhound Lake Simcoe, Ontario, CanadaPosts: 1,437Member ✭✭✭✭
    And check the connections in the harness behind the head unit (radio). Maybe losing connection.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • mskpharmdmskpharmd Posts: 40Member ✭✭
    F1100, how would I do that for the amp?
    The red light on amp is on..
  • shawnmjrshawnmjr Detroit MIPosts: 1,139Member ✭✭✭✭
    Could the amp be overheating? 
    I only lose sound on the four topside speakers, intermittently with some noise in the background 
  • JonnyMJonnyM Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 269Member ✭✭✭
    Most likely the topside or deck speakers run off the amp and the cabin speakers run off of the small amp in the headunit.  Like stated above it sounds like the amp could be overheating or starting to go.  Check all of you amp connections for corrosion especially the ground.  
    "Mosi on Dahn"  2003 Fiesta Vee 270