Options

drain problem

Hi everyone i'm new to this forum and hope someone can help me w/ a problem.I own a 96 232 and problems with the drain in the step down to the cabin not draining.I have sucked it all out before but doesnt seem to want to drain.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod

If the drain is backing up, there are probably blockages in the passages under the floor not allowing the water to drain back to the bilge.  I've experienced this in many different boats.....not an easy one to solve. 

Mark

Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    brianflhrcibrianflhrci Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
    I've got a similar issue on my 03 290, we;ve checked the drain under the helm at it appears to be clear but it's also raised so it looks to me there will always be water there.
  • Options
    1bad2321bad232 Member Posts: 6
    I also own a 96 232 and have had this issue for years, and it is not a drain issue.  Several other 96 232s had this problem and the issue for them and myself is that the drains were glassed over in production.  There are no exit points for the water.  I have been pumping water out for the last few years since I have owned the boat.
  • Options
    Russ11Russ11 Member Posts: 2

Well thanks for the responces guess im back to the drawing board.

• Options
    Webb232BRWebb232BR Member Posts: 4
    I too have 98 232BR and the ski locker has never EVER drained.  I have applied psi, drilled, coat hangered, and cussed profusely at it... to no avail.  It is a big deal after getting the interior totally clean and then having to bail that sucker out!
    5.7L 1998 Captiva 232BR, Bravo III, Trailered 2-3 weekends/month, Tubing/Skiing/Cruising
  • Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    snake it... get one at the hardware store for peanuts, and find out where the obstruction is.. could be it is something the factory left behind unknowingly that is causing your issue.. could be it ingested something that 'setup' in there and hardened like cement.. or, it cold simply be a piece of plastic that made it deep into the channels and staged there much to your chagrin and is awaiting a snake to discover and move it..
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a Rinker that the hole was glassed over. I think it was my 226 XL. I opened it up VERY carefully, dired it thoroughly then applied several coats of white epoxy paint to seal where I had cut with an angled hole saw. Good luck. MT