Options

No more warm beer...

jandavjandav Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
On our first long trip away from the harbour we discovered that the refrigerators did not work as supposed...
My understanding was that they was always on when you switched on the main switch i the rear. But now I dout that is the way it work...... If I turn off the "key", will that turn off the friges?
Maybe someone also can explain the ACC-position on the key...? It trun on my radio but what more..?
Thanks in advance.
Jan Davidsson
Sweden  

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    F1100F1100 Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
    switch your house battery on , and make sure the fridge is on that battery
    1993 300 FIESTA VEE TWIN 5.7L ALPHA GEN 2
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not think anything else come's on when the key is on acc.  Mine frig.  was set up to run on AC at the dock or on genny, then if the ac power was off the battrie picked up the slack. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have a switch inside your fridge for temperature? I do... 
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know that on my 2008 280EC, sometimes the cabin fridge doesn't switch from shore power to battery power. If it does this, I have to turn the fridge to the off position and then back on. I have Waeco fridges.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    jandavjandav Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Thanks for all comments/suggestions.
    I don't move any switches in the friges, thats why I am getting frustrated when it is unclear how to operate it....
    During the last weekend I did only run on battery but with that sad it could anyhow been something that made the fridges stop cooling.
    Both boat and car electricity is a nightmare.. A detailed "How to operate and run your Rinker" would have been handy ;-)
    @f1100, what du you mean with "House battery" ? Is it the main switch that sits in the rear on my 280 EC? where you can choose between Main or all battery... (1 or 2)
    I still don't understand what the ACC-position on the key, is it only to power on the audio/stereo ?