Manual Head Conversion on 2011 Rinker 260 EC

kjlambrixkjlambrix Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
I want to convert my manual jabsco head to the electric jabsco lite flush head.  Where is the best place to tap in to the 12V power source?  I do have a pre-wired vaccu-flush switch on my boat, but not sure where to tap into it at.  Has anyone done this install on a Rinker 260 EC before that can give some advice?

Comments

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are prewired for a vacuflush system, the battery cables are behind the toilet paper door compartment. It should be tied up somewhere inside. It will be around a 4AWG wire, both black and red. I believe the vacuflush system used these wires for the pumps.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • kjlambrixkjlambrix Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Thanks CableGuy Greg.  One question, I see an orange Deutsch plug with black, red and green wires where you described and I am assuming that is for the vaccu-flush system, but I put a tester on it and it does not appear to have a 12V current running to it that I can tell (with the battery on and vaccu-flush switch on).  Any thoughts?  Obviously I am not an electrician, but I assumed this would be a relatively easy hook up, but maybe I am wrong.  
  • StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Did you make sure the breaker for the head was on when you checked that plug for power?  There may also be a switch which has to be turned on (flush) to energize it.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is for the vaccuflush. There should be some heavier gauge wires tucked back there somewhere for the pump. They won't have power on them. They are disconnected in the engine room behind the battery switch panel. I was surprised when I found them on my boat.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • AccidentalSuperstarAccidentalSuperstar Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    What's the rest of the story?
    If your going to do something, do it now. Tomorrow is too late.